Water taxi and Klein Bonaire?

racnwdow

Is it $30 pp roundtrip to go to Klein Bonaire to snorkel?

Is the snorkeling worth it?

I had saw somewhere to avoid the Klein Bonaire when cruise ships are in town, it is very crowded. Did you notice this?

And if it is crowded, is it difficult to get on one of the water taxis back, since they only run on a schedule?

On our tour we went to Klein Bonaire and like I said it was amazing but we were pretty far out from the land so I am not sure how it would be from shore. When I googled the water taxi they had set times (which I didn't know existed so thanks for the info [emoji4])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it $30 pp roundtrip to go to Klein Bonaire to snorkel?

Is the snorkeling worth it?

I had saw somewhere to avoid the Klein Bonaire when cruise ships are in town, it is very crowded. Did you notice this?

And if it is crowded, is it difficult to get on one of the water taxis back, since they only run on a schedule?

Last time I was there it was $20 round trip per person. We used good return water taxi. They depart just down the pier from the bar. It was the best snorkeling that I've experienced from the beach. It wasn't to crowded with just 2 ships in port. Water taxi runs every hour, so no problems of going back to port. We were always on the last run and they have a guy on speed boat checking that nobody was left behind. Just a little tip, the opening to the snorkeling spot is half a mile away from the beach. Ones you get behind the rock formation you'll have to swim or drift back to the beach. Wear snorkeling vest if you're not a strong swimmer.

Good Return is pretty easy to take back and forth. They are the ones that look like a Popeye Boat. At Klein Bonaire we walk up the beach against the current (it's rocky, I would recommend water shoes/sandals to walk over). To get in the water and over to the other side of the coral, there will be small rocks that will be marked with paint where it is okay to get in. Then you drift down with the current.

If I could remind everyone, please don't walk on the coral. You would be surprised how many people I have seen doing that. It kills the reef. Thanks!

Could someone clarify whether you still take your fins with you for the drift snorkel? I have read the recommendations to wear water shoes as the beach is rocky but are fins needed or is the current all one needs for propulsion?

• 1 month later...