MDR Upcharge and UDP

Bxprojectgirl

I don't think we have gotten a definitive answer on this question from those on the Escape, or anywhere else that the new items in the Main Dining Room with an extra charge has started.

Can you use the UDP to cover those charges? It would make sense that they would as the charge only covers the entrée and guests would then choose items that were on the menu in the MDR. Doesn't seem like they would lose anything on the deal.

Anybody with an answer or idea?

I don't think we have gotten a definitive answer on this question from those on the Escape, or anywhere else that the new items in the Main Dining Room with an extra charge has started.

Can you use the UDP to cover those charges? It would make sense that they would as the charge only covers the entrée and guests would then choose items that were on the menu in the MDR. Doesn't seem like they would lose anything on the deal.

That is a question I have also. I wonder if anyone knows.

The UDP is for speciality restaurants.

I agree with SissasMomE, NCL has only ever honored the UDP in specialty restaurants. I can see your point, that they should be glad you're eating in the MDR when you could be in a specialty restaurant. But I think they will be even more glad that you're not taking advantage of your UDP plus they get to charge you extra for your lobster/prime rib. ;)

I'm interested in hearing the real answer, too. Maybe NCL will update the terms/FAQ on the website to clarify. I am going to start holding my breath… now :D

By the way, do you have information that these upcharge entrées have appeared on MDR menus of other ships besides Escape?

I think this would be a wonderful option to the UDP/SDP, giving the recipient the chance to get the upgraded upcharged items while dining in the MDR, with possibly the rest of their party who might not want to eat in or pay for a specialty restaurant.

Hopefully someone on the Escape will ask the question and report back.

The UDP is for speciality restaurants.

Yes, that is what it says. But as well all know there is a big difference between what they say and sometimes what is actually true, which is why I and others are hoping that someone who has sailed on the new ship or since the changes, to give us the definitive answer.

• 3 weeks later...
I highly doubt anyone has thought to ask. And I'd bet the answer would be no, but knock yourself out. Doesn't hurt to ask. You won't catch me using a dining package in the MDR, but that's just me.

Yeah LrgPizza - - that's just YOU.

I highly doubt anyone has thought to ask. And I'd bet the answer would be no, but knock yourself out. Doesn't hurt to ask. You won't catch me using a dining package in the MDR, but that's just me.

I'm right there with you; no way would I use my UDP in the MDR.

Me too. But that's just us.