Legend gastro outbreak april 29/4/2015

we are sailing April 29 2015 Panama Canal from FLL on the Legend , RECIEVED an E Mail saying,, BOARDING & DEPARTURE DELAYED , due to a recent outbreak of GastroBug ,, so Deep Clean needed on SHIP & PORT ?

Last time this happened to us was on the Vision in Dubai & after they CLEANED IT , all the NEW PASENGERS went down with Resptry/Chest Infections !!!!

Any one hear anything ?

THANKS

we are sailing April 29 2015 Panama Canal from FLL on the Legend , RECIEVED an E Mail saying,, BOARDING & DEPARTURE DELAYED , due to a recent outbreak of GastroBug ,, so Deep Clean needed on SHIP & PORT ?

Last time this happened to us was on the Vision in Dubai & after they CLEANED IT , all the NEW PASENGERS went down with Resptry/Chest Infections !!!!

Any one hear anything ?

THANKS

Not sure what is UP with the RANDOM capitalization of CERTAIN words and Letters.

Also, highly dubious of the claim that ALL PASSENGERS on a certain sailing got respiratory/chest infections.

Colds get passed along when people are in close quarters, just like how noro-type gastrointestinal viruses get passed along when people are in close quarters.

Wash your hands, people, and don't touch your face/mouth/food if your hands haven't been freshly washed. It's not rocket science.

I work in healthcare around all kinds of mucus and feces and infected wounds oozing nasty goo, and I rarely get sick. <*knocking wood*>

Wash your hands well, and wash them often. That will take care of the vast majority of illness transmission.

I apologise if my Typing Post has offended you I any way , you are obviously

A retired school teacher perhaps and my display has offended you

How ever I will take you to task , with regard to you " being HIGHLY DUBIOUS "

Of all passengers becoming ill with Chest Infections ,

A : I can furnish you with the Ship & Sale date

B: the amount of Refund E A C H Passenger Received as to the upset & sickness

AND

C: we're you on that cruise ?

When I say ALL , I mean Practically A L L , including Crew were ill

The Sick Bay were inundated and we were quarantined to our cabins

The Ship was Empty in Public Areas & ALL activities were cancelled as were 3 of the 5 ports of call

So again I oplogise , I merely posted this as I was concerned of History repeating itself and perhaps there was more information available

When I hear of A Ship being Deep Cleaned it raises an alarm bell

That's All

And yes it is COMMON SENSE , wash your blooming hands at all time s

But as I deal with the Public , I know how people can be

And if you Judge Peolpe By YOUR OWN STANDARDS , unfortunately you will

Be Always DISAPPOINTED

Best wishes

Lettyanto

Norovirus outbreaks are not connected to upper respiratory infections, although both do occur at various times on cruise ships, because ill passengers are in close proximity to each other.

We have been on ships that have had both, although thankfully not on the same sailing.

Deep cleaning is to stop the spread of norovirus it has nothing to do with upper respiratory illness. Other than both being viruses, the two things are not related.

We were on the Legend when this occurred which was sometime around 4/03 The day after Guatemala people were ill. We had over 100 sick by the time we docked on 4/17. The crew did everything possible to clean the ship and tried their best to clean and avoid further sickness. We were careful in the windjammer and washed our hands often and thankfully avoided getting sick.

Here are the stats for Noro on the prior Legend (March 30 - April 14, 2015) sailing from http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2015/april14_legend_of_seas.htm.

Number of passengers who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of passengers onboard: 135 of 1746 (7.73%)

Number of crew who have reported being ill during the voyage out of total number of crew onboard: 7 of 748 (0.94%)

Edited by robtulipe