First Timers - Gay Couple

just4steven

MY SPAM! :D Yes, we went with Carnival because we weren't sure we would like cruising. Trying to figure out these messeage boards so this might not be the right spot this and it might get deleted, but either way figured I would post it :D

We had a WONDERFUL TIME! Long story short, we are looking into cruising more!!!! Here are the cliff notes videos :rolleyes::cool:

Full Cruise Smashed Into One:

Cozumel:

Roatan:

If this does not get deleted soon for some crazy reason like the others have and you are curious about actually doing a cruise, JUST GO DO IT! It was totally awesome, I had full write ups on everything (but they got deleted, guess I did some violation????), and you will love it! Just go for it, RESEARCH, and test it out! We did it as a couple only and did not know anyone getting on. Again, my long write ups got deleted, probably my bad, but just ask away and I and hopefully others will answer! It was a BLAST!!!

More videos coming soon! :D

My partner and I will be cruising w/Carnival next week, also doing West Carribean ports.

How comfortable were you as a gay couple on Carnival?

We have cruised before, but this will be first time on Carnival.

Also, at Little French Key, how comfortable as a gay couple?

Given chance, would you go back to LFK or would you go to Tabyana Beach?

Where did you go in Cayman?

Any tips?

Thanks!

Nice videos guys - welcome to cruising 101 and message boards (having some moderators delete your posts). :D I used to moderate on another cruise board and wasn't as heavy handed...I guess there are some pretty sensitive folks out there.

Didn't understand the other reply...my 25 y.o. son doesn't speak or text in language I don't understand, LOL! :D

We have a bunch of cruise videos on YouTube ("scorpgc"). Enjoyed yours, keep it up and hope to meet on a future cruise.

Carnival was our first cruise too. Have fun exploring other cruise lines and destinations!

Love the videos!!! :)

My Partner and I have cruised twice on Carnival. Our first cruise was the Eastern Caribbean on Carnival Destiny and the second was the Southern Caribbean on Carnival Valor. We never had any negative experiences on either cruise. There were a lot of gay people on our Southern Caribbean cruise and all seemed to be having a good time. We love it so much that we have two more cruises booked on Carnival Dream! On our last cruise we ended up hanging out with a straight couple from Baltimore and we are now Facebook friends. We plan to cruise together again in the future. We are hooked and plan to stay with Carnival. I'm researching their Hawaiian cruises out of Vancouver as we speak... :D

Edited by shawne71

MY SPAM! :D Yes, we went with Carnival because we weren't sure we would like cruising. Trying to figure out these messeage boards so this might not be the right spot this and it might get deleted, but either way figured I would post it :D

We had a WONDERFUL TIME! Long story short, we are looking into cruising more!!!! Here are the cliff notes videos :rolleyes::cool:

Full Cruise Smashed Into One:

Cozumel:

Roatan:

If this does not get deleted soon for some crazy reason like the others have and you are curious about actually doing a cruise, JUST GO DO IT! It was totally awesome, I had full write ups on everything (but they got deleted, guess I did some violation????), and you will love it! Just go for it, RESEARCH, and test it out! We did it as a couple only and did not know anyone getting on. Again, my long write ups got deleted, probably my bad, but just ask away and I and hopefully others will answer! It was a BLAST!!!

More videos coming soon! :D

Welcome to the fabulous world of ocean travel! Thanks for the videos. I loved Roatan; one of the best ports I've been to [after Bermuda of course!]. Now that you have done one, you will surely be hooked! :D

My partner and I will be cruising w/Carnival next week, also doing West Carribean ports.

How comfortable were you as a gay couple on Carnival?

We have cruised before, but this will be first time on Carnival.

Also, at Little French Key, how comfortable as a gay couple?

Given chance, would you go back to LFK or would you go to Tabyana Beach?

Where did you go in Cayman?

Any tips?

Thanks!

My husband and I have taken cruises on both Carnival and Norwegian. We felt completely comfortable on both lines; you should be fine. The FOD meetups can be hit or miss; we didn't meet anyone on any of our CCL cruises but on the NCL Breakaway we met a great group of guys and kept in touch with several. That said, we never felt out of place on Carnival and have had formal pictures done together and all.

Roatan is one of the best port I have been to and West Bay Beach is gorgeous [CCL goes to the Tabyana resort on West Bay so they named the excursion after that but it's the same beach]. We booked a tour through Victor Bodden and his organization was fabulous and much cheaper than the shorex through Carnival. You can tailor the tour to your desires or go with one of the company's pre-planned ideas. Both ways are a great value. The Honduran people are some of the nicest we have met in any cruise port; you will really enjoy it there!

Wow sorry for the late response to this, work got crazy! Thanks everyone and I'll try to catch up to speed on here. As Bostonjetset mention, we didn't have any issues either. And Little French Key was fine. I would go back in a heartbeat but I do think next time on Roatan we will try something different because from what we saw we liked that island a lot. Everyone was just friendly everywhere, um, but I must say I'm sure some did not peg us as a couple with the age difference.

Here's a little video on Xunantunich I finally finished and I'll try to dig up the Grand Cayman one now!

Found the Grand Cayman video, I was logged in under the wrong name when I uploaded :o We went with Native Way on our own because neither of us have been to GC and wanted to do an island tour but of course also snorkel or see the stingrays. They offered exactly to the point of what we wanted to do and see. I was nervous because this was our first stop on my first cruise and we were doing a non Carnival excursion, but I think it was Sharon and Eldon, they were wonderful! Plus the other bonus is there were about maybe 15 people that did stringray city first, then we were the only 2 that did the island tour! It was awesome and they did not mind a bit. A couple more people might have been fun, but this way we were able to tell them what we were looking to see and they would take us right there. OK, I'll stop rambling for now :rolleyes:

My first time was on Carnival too. I was suckled on Carnival for many years and still love them to this day and don't travel on them enough anymore.. BTW great video and you are a VERY hot man or your lover in the video is as I am not sure who that is.

-jon-

My first time was on Carnival too. I was suckled on Carnival for many years and still love them to this day and don't travel on them enough anymore.. BTW great video and you are a VERY hot man or your lover in the video is as I am not sure who that is.

-jon-

hahahaha, thank you! I'm guessing you are talking about my partner, he is the stunning looking one with silver mustache, I'm the out of shape idiot that likes to take selfie videos :o

Wow, do you give lessons on how to make those videos ? Great job.

Thank you, what is funny is I actually learned it from International Academy of Design and Technology right near you in Tampa! Got one of my degrees from there! I believe it is still there, it was around the airport about 10 to 15 years ago but have not kept in touch enough lately and I think they moved the location a little. Good school! They taught me everything I know even though technology has changed a bunch since I have been there! :D They could instruct way better than me I'm sure :o

My partner and I sailed on the Carnival Pride's Valentine's Day voyage and were invited to participate in the Love & Marriage Show by the Cruise Director. We had a blast and have already reserved another Carnival cruise next year. I'd love to do other lines like Celebrity or Princess in time but the Pride sets sail out of a port an hour from us, and after the experience I had and the incredible staff, I have some serious brand loyalty.

My partner and I sailed on the Carnival Pride's Valentine's Day voyage and were invited to participate in the Love & Marriage Show by the Cruise Director. We had a blast and have already reserved another Carnival cruise next year. I'd love to do other lines like Celebrity or Princess in time but the Pride sets sail out of a port an hour from us, and after the experience I had and the incredible staff, I have some serious brand loyalty.

That's awesome! :D

I enjoyed your video. We have sailed on Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival. We are headed on another Carnival cruise on June 1. Norwegian out of Hawaii invited to a wedding/anniversary gathering. They gave us cake, a certificate, and daily surprises. We ended up giving many of the special foods to a "straight" couple on board that we met. They were just married. I definitely was impressed with Norwegian's staff. The Hawaii cruise is great; however, you don't go on this cruise to be on the ship.

Royal Caribbean was our least favorite cruise due to some of the staff. We have sailed 5+ times on Carnival.

I enjoyed your video. We have sailed on Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival. We are headed on another Carnival cruise on June 1. Norwegian out of Hawaii invited to a wedding/anniversary gathering. They gave us cake, a certificate, and daily surprises. We ended up giving many of the special foods to a "straight" couple on board that we met. They were just married. I definitely was impressed with Norwegian's staff. The Hawaii cruise is great; however, you don't go on this cruise to be on the ship.

Royal Caribbean was our least favorite cruise due to some of the staff. We have sailed 5+ times on Carnival.

Howdy, Neighbor! Glad to hear you enjoyed your Hawaiian cruise! What time of year did you go? We are planning the 16-day cruise on Carnival Miracle in September of next year. This cruise will give us 5 sea days to enjoy the ship before we spend 6 days in Hawaii. I like the fact that it does an overnight in Maui. Then 4 more sea days to relax sailing back to LA. :D

Very cool videos. My husband and I sailed Carnival a couple years ago and had the best time. The first night at dinner was a little odd with the other diners but by night two we were all friends. We booked on the Dream last year but that one got cancelled so now we are urgently awaiting our July 5th Sunshine out of Port Canaveral. Can't wait!

Very cool videos. My husband and I sailed Carnival a couple years ago and had the best time. The first night at dinner was a little odd with the other diners but by night two we were all friends. We booked on the Dream last year but that one got cancelled so now we are urgently awaiting our July 5th Sunshine out of Port Canaveral. Can't wait!

This is great and thank you! I thought we were "insane" for liking Carnival but we had zero issues at all and it was a blast! We probably wouldn't do a 3 day booze cruise on any line, but have to say again it was great on the 7 day on Carnival! (um, had some people ask me where my "dad" was at times, but also had people that just picked up and said "hey your friend wants you over here", lol) Thank you though, hope to get some more cruises and videos up here soon from some average out of shape guys :o