Poor way to treat past cruisers

JAKUEHNLE

:(I am not very happy with the way Paul Gauguin dealt with us on my Singapore to Austraila cruise. Since the ship was less than 2/3 full, I asked about up sale to a balcony cabin. Yes I could move up - at full price! I would have thought that since I was booked on a pre and post stay with them, and was a past cruiser, they might have offered me a discounted price.

There were about a dozen or so people on both these two extensions that could have been offered discounted up grade. There must have been 40 or more open cabins that would have added little or no extra cost to the cruise line. What a nice way to spread good will.

Think 3 cruise is my limit.

I have to say that this sort of upgrade has pretty much disappeared industry wide. I have been on Carnival 8 times and haven't been upgraded since 2002 nor have been offered an upgrade for payment. As far as the PG goes, if you got an upgrade at a discounted price what would stop everyone from booking the cheapest cabin and then expecting the same thing? That being said, I DO agree that a discounted price should be offered. I just think that it would be a problem for this cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On RCCL and Azamara you can purchase upgrades before boarding. We have upgraded to some very nice suites from basic balconies.

On PG they sell upgrades before the cruise. Someone we cruised with last year booked the owners suite at a great price in this way.

Hmm, wondering if before they sail they offer upgrades to "resell" lower cabins thereby increasing revenue, but moving people AFTER sailing, once their staff has been deployed would cause extra work and a possible diminishment of service if there were not as much staff deployed in the under occupied suites and upper deck areas?

Hmm, wondering if before they sail they offer upgrades to "resell" lower cabins thereby increasing revenue, but moving people AFTER sailing, once their staff has been deployed would cause extra work and a possible diminishment of service if there were not as much staff deployed in the under occupied suites and upper deck areas?

Most lines don't allow this. It's usually before. Luxury lines tend to book many more lower cabins on a guarantee basis and upgrade a couple of weeks before. This depends on the power of your agent.