What to do in Phuket, Thailand??

We have never been to Phuket, Thailand before.

I was wondering what not to miss in Phuket?? & what would you recommend doing here for the day??

Also is there any private tour company's you would recommend??

Any ideas / suggestions are welcome :)

Hi there

Lots of private tours that you can grab ship side

As a day tour you can do elephant rides the best is away out of town on a farm and they take you up to a look out. Others are only through a small track and not really worth it

Great snorkelling and diving

Paragliding off the beach

Can do a tour to a temple heading north to go up to see bond island from the movie I think gold finger

Was filmed there and see floating village on the way out to the island for

Lunch then do canoeing which is amazing. At sea and worth it like a lagoon area

Depends what you like doing

From what I've read you like exploring a bit and cultural

Bond island with temple and floating village linker with canoeing is a good full day

Greg :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Siam Sam is the private guide we used for 3 of us. He met us at the tender pier in Patong we drove to a more private fishing village in Phanang Bay where We had a lovely seafood lunch, then took a long boat ride to the fishing village with the school and market. This is where all the ships tours went. Then took the boat to James Bond island and took small row boats into the caves. Very cheeky row boy guides here very keen for a tip. Myself and my 2 teenage boys thought it was great the limestone caves were well worth seeing. On the way back to the ship we stopped at a reclining Buddha, lots of monkeys to feed bananas at a price and finally did a bit of bargain shopping at the markets in Patong. It was a very full day but a real highlight of our trip. Sam was very good and having lunch where only the local Thai tourists go was quiet and delicious. You can pay extra to take a speed boat in Phanang Bay. Sam has a website you can book on we payed him in full on the day in Thailand. Not sure about price but worth being on our own and able to do what we wanted to do. Jennifer

Which part of Phuket will you be going to?

Phuket Port?

Phuket Town?

Phuket Beach?

You wont make it too far past the port gates

without a bevy of drivers offering their services.

We had a car and a driver for the day.

Went to beach and tourist area, he waited for us

Went to the elephants, he waited for us.

Went around the coast road.

Went to the town, he waited for us.

Dropped us off back at the ship.

In the evening the ship invited some of the Ladyboys

from one of the Phuket Clubs on board

and they put on a show for the passengers.:rolleyes:

That was interesting:eek:

Haven't been to Phuket in years, pre tsunami in fact. I do remember hitting the markets the day of a cruise ship. Everything was super dear :(. We kept saying "no no, you said this much yesterday". They would look about to see who was listening and say, "you not on cruise? You here yesterday? You tell no-one ok?" Then make the sale :D. If you are shopping, don't let on you are with the cruise mob ;) for better bargains! :)

Phuket Port?

Phuket Town?

Phuket Beach?

We had some perform on our return boat trip from James Bond island and some guests were horrified when I slipped some baht into one of the guys g string.:p I mainly did it as I wanted to shock the people and they were very entertaining but I am not a huge fan of Aqua's 'Barbie girl'.:rolleyes:

We previously just got a car and driver at the dock - they ususally speak some English. Agree on a price - if really cheap they will want to take you to several 'shops' they say they get petrol vouchers. Check price without doing this. They will wait for you are if you know you want some time in a place you can organise a time for them to come back for you. You let them know what time you want to be back by and they will do it. Twice now we have done this and have had a great time.

They are usually happy to offer some alternatives for you. ie Giant gold Buddha, Patong Beach for shopping - yes look like you know the place to get better prices and negotiate.

Just being driven around the island is really an experience. It has beautiful natural scenery.

Phuket Port?

Phuket Town?

Phuket Beach?

Forgot about the ladymen! They were there bak then too! :D

We previously just got a car and driver at the dock - they ususally speak some English. Agree on a price - if really cheap they will want to take you to several 'shops' they say they get petrol vouchers. Check price without doing this. They will wait for you are if you know you want some time in a place you can organise a time for them to come back for you. You let them know what time you want to be back by and they will do it. Twice now we have done this and have had a great time.

They are usually happy to offer some alternatives for you. ie Giant gold Buddha, Patong Beach for shopping - yes look like you know the place to get better prices and negotiate.

Just being driven around the island is really an experience. It has beautiful natural scenery.

Also you can just throw in more money to the driver, if you want to avoid going to the 'pearl shop' or the 'suit shop'.:D