Carnival Paradise 5 day or the Breeze 6 days?

jlindemer

There is a $400 price difference after factoring in tolls, gas, additional gratuities, etc.

Is the Breeze worth it? We have two boys (11 & 12) and this cruise is a birthday gift to my husband (40!). I am looking at the Paradise's 9/20 sailing or the Breeze's 9/21 sailing.

We would not be going to the speciality restaurants for dinner. So, are Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana, waterworks, rope course, etc worth the extra day and money?

The additional day is a port day at Key West. I have no desire to get off the ship in Key West. So the value must be from the extra amenities on the Breeze.

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the rate right now for the Breeze is great for that date ! I can't speak on the comparison for either, but we booked the Breeze, Lido deck balcony back in the fall last year and its almost $ 200 less now ... we had a $ 120 savings before we made final payment and just got a $ 60 each OBC with the current pricing...

We are so excited about going on the Breeze ! Can't wait !!

I'd choose Breeze for sure. There is no comparison to be made logically between Paradise and Breeze. Paradise is showing its age.

Why not get off in Key West? There are so many things to see and do there, even though I've been so many times. I wish more ships stopped there.

I highly recommend the Breeze. We've sailed on her twice within the past month and love the ship. There is plenty to do if you never leave the ship as we decided to skip Ocho Rios all together. Your boys should enjoy everything on board as well. Good luck

There is a $400 price difference after factoring in tolls, gas, additional gratuities, etc.

Is the Breeze worth it? We have two boys (11 & 12) and this cruise is a birthday gift to my husband (40!). I am looking at the Paradise's 9/20 sailing or the Breeze's 9/21 sailing.

We would not be going to the speciality restaurants for dinner. So, are Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana, waterworks, rope course, etc worth the extra day and money?

The additional day is a port day at Key West. I have no desire to get off the ship in Key West. So the value must be from the extra amenities on the Breeze.

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go for the Breeze, trust me...so much more to do and a much nicer ship.

Put it this way, I've been on both, am heading out for an 8 day on the breeze in 26 days...I did a 4 day on the Paradise (I live in Clearwater so it was quick and easy to get o the port)...if Carnival offered me a FREE cruise on the Paradise, I'd decline. Honestly...there wasn't a single thing I liked about the ship. I went because it was for a friends wedding.

Paradise is too old, too small, too cramped. It's age has been showing for quite a long time.

Contrary to the last poster, I hope you decide to stay with us on the 9/20 Paradise sailing.

I haven't been on the Breeze, but I have been on the Dream and I didn't love it. I personally much prefer Fantasy class ships. I am not a kid though, so I can't speak to that part of it.

Another vote here, for the Breeze.:D

We just cruised on her for the second time, in July.

With the ages of your boys, they will have a BLAST!!!!!!!

Soooooo much to do!!!!!

Definitely worth the extra money.

Let us know what you decide.

I personally, would much prefer "Paradise", but with consideration to the fact that you're sailing with a couple of "young-uns", the "Breeze" might work better for you. I have no doubt that ALL of you would enjoy "Paradise", but "Breeze" is newer, and has more for the kids.

"SKY"

For me (and I don't have kids and am well over 50 years of age) - I'd take the Breeze in a nano second over any Fantasy Class ship!

The fact that the extra $400 takes into account the difference in travel costs just makes it more attractive. I'd choose it even if it was fare alone and no extra travel costs included in that figure.

The Breeze is new, bright, airy, has a Caribbean Resort feel and has tons of amenities. Especially if you have kids. Heck, even if you don't!

Enjoy yourself, whichever you choose!