Specific Cruise details online?

twochromic

New to Seabourn here. On Crystal, their web site will list all the details of a specific cruise: naming the crew, listing the speakers, special events and entertainers, etc.

Is there a similar place for those details on Seabourn prior to embarkation?

It's awkward and incomplete, but I'd you go to Seabourn's web site, then click on "Life on Board", then click on "Seabourn Conversations" you can, with effort, find the names of the guest lecturers on the various ships and their start dates, but not the end dates. Sort of useful, but not too much so. So the previous answer of "NO" is almost correct.

twochromic,

It is, as Shellback2014 suggests, a bit clunky. I used the search function on the Seabourn website last week and all I could find was that we can look forward to lectures by one Ralf Vargas, described as a "World Affairs Expert".

I suppose we'll be regaled with tales of, and possibly advice on, romance and intrigue among the international jet-set!

I agree that the lack of details about what's what on your (and my) future cruises is clunky. Not to mention that the state of affairs shows inattention to details. I mean, a couple of weeks before each cruise surely Seattle knows who the senior officers are and what lecturers have been contracted?

Maybe the new hotel management or somebody else will seek to replicate what Crystal does and get it done for the 4 Seabourn ships and for each cruise. And the news can be emailed if there is some concern about time and printing costs. Many on CC ask each other who the senior officers are on current cruises in the hopes the same people will be on board. That's justification enough.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Totally agree with you Markham. Why not let everyone know a few weeks in advance via email who the officers and lecturers will be? Especially with lecturers it would give you a chance to research them pre-boarding to determine if you have an interest in hearing from them or not.

sloopjohnb: We sailed with Ralf and his wife on two occasions. His talks tend to attempt to be "current" based on world affairs at the time along w/ a mix of history. As an aside IMO he tended to socialize with people who thought he was a great presenter, if you didn't gush over him he ignored you the next time he saw you.

sloopjohnb: We sailed with Ralf and his wife on two occasions. His talks tend to attempt to be "current" based on world affairs at the time along w/ a mix of history. As an aside IMO he tended to socialize with people who thought he was a great presenter, if you didn't gush over him he ignored you the next time he saw you.

Thanks, 2SailingNomads. Well, you have me intrigued enough to attend at least one lecture (!)

I suppose for any cruise lecturer there is an element of self-preservation in the approach you describe. It would be impossible for the conversation not to touch on guests' opinions of the lectures -

"Oh, I only went to the first...."

"I like a nap at that time..."

"You mean you're that lecturer?"

Bad for the ego!

sloopjohnb

You can always watch it on the TV too, either live or recorded.... We actually had a nice conversation with him and his wife one evening in one of the bars but after that (and me admitting I had not been to his lecture, he was rather cold to us - next cruise I simply avoided him).. Hope you post your thoughts - I did watch several of his talks that were recorded so do not want to give the impression he is a bad speaker, rather his social interactions are different from what I have had with some other lecturers - some of whom, like the former head of engineering from NASA [one of the most interesting people I have ever met and so not full of himself and easy to talk to, I spent hours conversing with him] or several former astronauts who were on-board various cruises and were not caught up in themselves. (There are stories to be told but not on a public board...)

Chairsin, obviously our mutual friend means well. I'll wait for the email, thanks Stamfordian for the suggestion 😊. Good to know you both.

And for others reading this thread we sailed with Dennis Conner years ago, a very accomplished gentleman but one of the worst speakers I have seen, a sentiment shared by everyone we spoke to felt the same way.

Your mileage may vary.