Best parking lot in Galveston

texasnana

We have always used EZCruise. DH drops me and luggage off at the terminal--he parks the car and walks back to the terminal. After cruise we both walk across the street from terminal--I wait on the side street with the luggage while DH walks to EZcruise to retrieve the car--drives around the block and picks me. Takes us no more than 5-10 minutes. Very easy, besides figure we need to walk a little after a 7 day cruise!

We have used EZ 3 times before. Good experience, but often had to wait a few minutes wait for other passengers to load up & fill up a full shuttle bus/van. Upon return, had to wait 5 - 10 min in the heat/rain for a return shuttle. Used to pay $45, great price, but it's $50 now.

Thinking of using Park N Cruise this time. Luv the idea that it's just $45, across the street & an easy walk. It's only $15 more (for a 7 day stay) for secured covered/indoor.

Here's a link:

http://www.galveston.com/cruiseparking/step2.asp?NumberCars=1&Ship=2&Submit.x=34&Submit.y=12&Submit=Submit

Curious to see that the private operators can undercut the gov's Port of Galveston's by $20, with maybe closer lots & better service...

What is the parking garage across from the terminal called? We are certainly going during hurricane season and that is one of my fears, flooded car once return to port.

Galveston Park N Cruise

• Secured Indoor Parking Available

• 1 block from the Cruise Terminal

• Close enough to walk - no need to wait for shuttles!

• Need help? Call 866-479-PARK

We will be parking at the Lighthouse parking lot in 2 weeks!!!!! Can't hardly wait... We used them last year and they were great... We accidentally left our cargo light on in the back seat and when we got back to our vehicle after a week cruise our battery was completly dead!! They came to our rescue and helped us to get our vehicle started... They were so nice and friendly...:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have used Lighthouse parking for the last 5 or 6 cruises. Fast and easy unloading and on to the shuttle bus. Good drop off area and upon return not more than a 5 min wait for shuttle back to car. Easy booking on line. We always have two bags per person and a carry on. Ya, it's an extra $3 or $4 dollars each way, but these guys at LH are super fast, kind, friendly and the only bags I have to lift is the carry on.

We love Lighthouse. We have used them 8 times and NEVER waited.

Same here. . .pull in, open trunk and the guys are there with shuttle. . .never had a wait nor more than 5 minutes when we return and have our bags at curb. Going 10/25/10 on Ecstasy and will use Lighthouse. . .this is 5th or 6th time.

We have a night booked at the new Sheraton Four Points in Galveston the night before. . .they have free parking but would have to take a taxi which could be as much as $15-$20 each way plus tip. So why not park at Lighthouse.

• 4 years later...

I appreciate all of the veteran cruiser info. I was wondering about your opinion on parking at the hotel vs using a parking area. Where will my car be safe? Where will be the least confusing for a first timer like me? I worry about having 4 bags and loading a trolly or something. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
I appreciate all of the veteran cruiser info. I was wondering about your opinion on parking at the hotel vs using a parking area. Where will my car be safe? Where will be the least confusing for a first timer like me? I worry about having 4 bags and loading a trolly or something. Any thoughts?

We used Galveston Park and Cruise last year and again thisyear. Last year was our first cruise so we were new also. They have indoor andoutdoor parking. We opted for the indoor (about $70) that way our car is out ofthe weather and safely locked in a building. We just pull up at the terminaland drop our bags with the porter, pull back across the street (depending onhow the police are directing traffic you may have to turn right out of theterminal and go down and circle back), then we walk back across the street tothe terminal. We choose to carry our bags (2 regular and 2 carry on sized) offduring disembarkation and we take them with us across the street to our car,load up and hit the road. We like the fact that we don’t have to mess withshuttles and can be back on the road sooner since we drive from Arkansas. Hopethis helps.

Freezer burn

We have driven straight from Dallas to the ship terminal, used Lighthouse parking, and as said, they are great. We have also stayed on the opposite side of the island. Hilton on the sea wall offers free parking and shuttle service. The resort hotel 2 doors down does the same thing. We prefer to stay and park at a hotel, relax, and get an early shuttle to make life easy.

Pat & Bernadette

Dallas

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 months later...

Wanted to update this thread as I just had a very mixed experience parking there last weekend and can't seem to find a placed on DCP's site to post reviews.

We parked here a second time because we had an excellent experience previously. This time, the departure end was not good. There were long lines that were not controlled well. You had to wait to unload your car and then wait again to get on a van. Then we were crammed onto an ancient van that did not have air conditioning which is a problem in Galveston in mid to late May. By this time, the traffic around the port was horrible so we spent extra time making the 4 mile trip. By the time we got out of the van, everyone was cranky and completely soaked with sweat.

To be fair, the arrival back was much better. A newer larger van awaited our arrival which was excellent given a rainstorm was in progress. They were efficient and more like the experience we had the first time.

So, I would be careful when using these guys - especially in the summer!

• 1 year later...

My family was on the Liberty Of The Seas March 12-19. I have cruised out of Galveston several times and never had any problems with cruise parking. On this trip I chose to use "Port Parking" rather than Lighthouse Parking. Big mistake! It took close to twenty minutes to just get into the parking area on arrival. I had to carry my own luggage from my car to the van, a distance of 200 feet or so. The van was so tiny that I had to stand while driving to the drop off at the port. Upon returning from the cruise, a huge line greeted me as I got to the area for pick up for Port Parking. It took close to an hour to get back to my car. The tiny vans Port Parking uses can accommodate only a dozen or so people. None of the other parking services had much of a line. Do yourself a favor and park elsewhere.

• 3 months later...

We have sailed out of Galveston 10+ times and Light House treated us very well one time when we had a wreck north of Houston and had to get a rental car, arrange repairs and get to Galveston. they held our reservation until 3pm and immediately took us to the Cruise Port who had also been notified of our situation.

We, however still prefer Discount Cruise Parking for two reasons, it is $20 per car less expensive than any other place on the island, and being at the west end of the island we just hop their shuttle, load luggage in the car and we are almost immediately off the island on I-45 headed north, no Galveston traffic around the Cruise Port to contend with at all.

What is the parking garage across from the terminal called? We are certainly going during hurricane season and that is one of my fears, flooded car once return to port.

There is the Park N Cruise which is back behind another one that has inside parking. It is right at the red light and is called Galvestion VIP Cruise Parking. We have used them twice and they are really good. We have also used PNC twice and liked them as well.

There is another newer one that is across the street sideways. It is a parking garage with several stories. It has short term parking as well as cruise parking. This is also where they park the valet parking cars.

I hope this is understandable.

• 5 months later...