If 240 days prior to cruise falls on a Sunday. . .

mrlevin

are excursions not available until Monday?

We have waited 18 days after booking excursions for first part of our combined voyage; only to wake up early and find out that the excursions for the second part are still not available. Does Regent only open excursions manually during work week? Or, is it something simple like needing to log off from site; make two full circumnavigations of my house; change chairs; and then log back in? :D

Marc

If the two segments were booked as a single cruise (i.e. one booking number) then you should have been able to book all excursions for both segments at the same time

However others have reported difficulties with the website, particularly for restaurant reservations

If the two segments were booked as a Back-to-Back (two booking numbers) then you would have to wait for the second segment to open up. I understood this to be automatic at midnight EST

If you have no joy today (Sunday) I would ring Regent on Monday with your list of requirements

If the two segments were booked as a single cruise (i.e. one booking number) then you should have been able to book all excursions for both segments at the same time

However others have reported difficulties with the website, particularly for restaurant reservations

If the two segments were booked as a Back-to-Back (two booking numbers) then you would have to wait for the second segment to open up. I understood this to be automatic at midnight EST

If you have no joy today (Sunday) I would ring Regent on Monday with your list of requirements

Unfortunately these aren't the rules (in affect now). I have called Regent on two occasions regarding second part of my single booking number trip and they have said i have had to wait until 240 days before start of second part. In fact, the actual excursions (i.e., ability to get full list by email) was not even available until yesterday (I even called Friday to ask for list and wasn't available).

I will ring Regent when they open in the morning (I will also try again later today online) but I am curious if this is a normal occurrence; i.e., no excursion booking openings on Sunday.

Marc

Our 240-day window should have opened on Saturday - nothing listed. We were advised that the issue could not be resolved before the beginning of the working week. On Monday some appeared but not all. That remains the case. We understand from Regent UK that there is at least one other cruise with none listed - yours?

We could not view the excursions ahead in My Account, but we could see them by googling the cruise & accessing them from there. At least that way we could produce a wish list. Good luck!

It does sound as if Regent is having problems with their website (not unusual for excursions that seem to change a lot right before they open to passengers). It has been our experience that when the site is working, you can book any day of the week - even on holidays. I guess I'll learn in about 10 1/2 hours whether or not excursions for our November cruise will open on time.

Our 240-day window should have opened on Saturday - nothing listed. We were advised that the issue could not be resolved before the beginning of the working week. On Monday some appeared but not all. That remains the case. We understand from Regent UK that there is at least one other cruise with none listed - yours?

We could not view the excursions ahead in My Account, but we could see them by googling the cruise & accessing them from there. At least that way we could produce a wish list. Good luck!

Our opened Monday afternoon; after two not so fruitful calls to Regent including one agent who took down my list of cruises and said she would book them when opened. Later in afternoon i saw they were open (and unbooked) so I booked them myself.

With today's technology, no reason they would need human in the loop; they should open at midnight UTC or midnight eastern the same way flights do.

Marc

Our opened Monday afternoon; after two not so fruitful calls to Regent including one agent who took down my list of cruises and said she would book them when opened. Later in afternoon i saw they were open (and unbooked) so I booked them myself.

With today's technology, no reason they would need human in the loop; they should open at midnight UTC or midnight eastern the same way flights do.

Marc

Don't they need someone to add/delete/correct excursions that will be offered 240 days from now? In any case, I'm anxiously awaiting the opening of our excursions in 3 hours and 18 minutes (but whose counting?)

Don't they need someone to add/delete/correct excursions that will be offered 240 days from now? In any case, I'm anxiously awaiting the opening of our excursions in 3 hours and 18 minutes (but whose counting?)

Humans could have done that a week in advance. Again, Regent doesn't seem to believe in systems engineers.

Marc

Our excursions opened on time last night (9:00 p.m. west coast time) but a couple of the ports that previously had excursions no longer have them. There were quite a few changes from what was showing up prior to being able to book. We'll keep an eye on them to see when excursions for those ports will be added.