Other than Horseshoe Bay..

Poohb

..Are there other good beaches that offer umbrellas, chairs, facilities? I know about Snorkel Park but we're looking for somewhere else to go with the 3 grands. I realize we'd need to rent a taxi/van; there are 8 of us. They enjoyed HB last year and I was hoping to give them a new beach experience. TIA

..Are there other good beaches that offer umbrellas, chairs, facilities? I know about Snorkel Park but we're looking for somewhere else to go with the 3 grands. I realize we'd need to rent a taxi/van; there are 8 of us. They enjoyed HB last year and I was hoping to give them a new beach experience. TIA

A good beach that offers umbrellas, chairs and facilities is Tobacco Bay in St. George's. Not a South Shore beach, and somewhat small but it offers good snorkeling.

Loved Tobacco Bay, even in the rain. Went to St George and rented a taxi with another couple (strangers) that need a ride too. We didn't sit too long in chairs (due to the rain) but there was a canopy to put stuff under to protect from rain. There was a small small changing area. There was food but I don't think we ordered anything.

Warwick Long Bay on the south shore has bathrooms, a food truck and chairs and umbrellas to rent. Jobson's Cove is right next door.

You can't count on anything more than the crude bathroom facilities being available at Warwick Long Bay. Don't know when you were last there, but I've seen no recent reports of chair and umbrella rentals being available, at least not on a regular basis.