Sunshine reviews?

misslucy01

We sailed the Sunshine in September. I probablly wouldn't sail her again. But as I stated in the brief reveiw I did, it didn't ruin my cruise. There were just alot of public space taken by the addition of cabins that weren't part of the orginal design. This caused a good bit of crowding. In addition, because there are some really cool activites and areas for children, there were way more kids than I really enjoy.

It wasn't a bad experience and if you are cruising with kids it would probably be a great choice.

I'm very thankful I didn't listen to the reviews. We had a large group that sailed her inaugural New Orleans cruise. We all loved the ship and would sail on her again in a heartbeat. The comedy club was the one thing that was noticeably smaller but in no way affected our cruise. As for crowding, we were at max capacity for the cruise and didn't find it any more crowed than the other cruise I've been on. Enjoy your trip!

I'm very thankful I didn't listen to the reviews. We had a large group that sailed her inaugural New Orleans cruise. We all loved the ship and would sail on her again in a heartbeat. The comedy club was the one thing that was noticeably smaller but in no way affected our cruise. As for crowding, we were at max capacity for the cruise and didn't find it any more crowed than the other cruise I've been on. Enjoy your trip!

Same here. I honestly think more people go out of there way to post a negative experience than a positive one. We sailed on the Sunshine earlier this year and had a wonderful time. Would love to sail on her again. The Serenity deck(s) is very nicely laid out. Did find some areas a little crowded but nothing extreme.

Give her a shot. You'll be happy you did.

I just got off the sunshine today and will likely write a review in the next few days. Please let me know if you have specific questions I can answer for you. We had an amazing time and thought the staff was excellent. We loved our room which was oceanview on promenade.

I'll be on the Sunshine in 90 days so here is my question. Can you comfortably view the big screen from the Serenity area? Also, is there a pool in the Serenity area (for adults only) or just a hot tub?

I'll be on the Sunshine in 90 days so here is my question. Can you comfortably view the big screen from the Serenity area? Also, is there a pool in the Serenity area (for adults only) or just a hot tub?

The Serenity deck on the Sunshine is 3 decks. If you want to view the big screen you can from its 1st deck and a little from its 2nd. I suggest you get you a place early because the 1st deck of the serenity fills up first. Of course for people that want peace and quiet the upper 2 decks are for you. And yes there is a small pool.

I sailed on Sunshine last New Year's and had a wonderful time. I love the Serenity area waterfall. As others stated, I did not notice any more crowding than on other ships. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would choose Sunshine again without hesitation.

Here is someone's video of Sunshine's 3 deck Serenity area. Toward the end of the video, you can see the view of the big screen and the pool area. Hope this helps.

Nice video (also watched some others while on Youtube). Does anyone know if the piano bar player is any good? I haven't have a good player since James Quigley on the Glory last year.

This is good to hear. The Sunshine Eastern carribean fits our vacation plans but I am hesitant because of the reviews. All of the amenities look wonderful, I keep wondering why the negative reviews. Can I ask you all this: I prefer to take stairs on cruises. (I do not like elevators one bit) this was fine on my first cruise on the Fascination. Will this be ok on Sunshine as well?

Edited by firsttimecruiser9876

We sailed Sunshine in May of this year. This was our first Carnival cruise and 10th cruise overall. We have sailed RCCL, NCL, and DCL.

We loved the Sunshine. We loved the Serenity deck and the pool and waterfall. :).

It did seen a little crowded in places. But we loved it enough that we booked another carnival cruise (so it was a good introduction to Carnival). We sail the Liberty on March 1 st. :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We sailed her in October. Would sail her again. We knew some of the negative before we went so there were no surprises. We had a great wait staff-although dining room was really warm. Great stewards. Cabin was not as cold as we are used too but was not unbearable. We knew to go to comedy shows early. Always got front row. Never saw a bucket. Loved the 2.0 upgrades. Kids loved the sports square area. We hung out in the Red Frog pub on deck 5-it was cool temp wise and had shuffleboard and foosball. I know its a refurbed ship but we loved the décor and it seemed to be in great shape.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=263567

We sailed on her last month, and loved her! Would definitely go again! Playlist Shows were great, comedians great, loved Lacey in the Piano Bar, robes course and slides are a blast, ports are amazing, serenity Area perfect, and the Havana Bar one of my favorite areas of the ship for morning coffee and pastries!

The Serenity deck on the Sunshine is 3 decks. If you want to view the big screen you can from its 1st deck and a little from its 2nd. I suggest you get you a place early because the 1st deck of the serenity fills up first. Of course for people that want peace and quiet the upper 2 decks are for you. And yes there is a small pool.

Thanks.

We sailed on her last month, and loved her! Would definitely go again! Playlist Shows were great, comedians great, loved Lacey in the Piano Bar, robes course and slides are a blast, ports are amazing, serenity Area perfect, and the Havana Bar one of my favorite areas of the ship for morning coffee and pastries!

"Lacey"? Do they have a female piano player in the piano bar?

We sailed her over the summer and loved the Sunshine! We have in fact booked another trip on her for the So Caribbean.

Any major problems finding a chair on the deck on sea days? Not in the serenity area. I mean in the regular open decks? Curious about this since sail in the Summer.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Glad to hear the positives & as we are leaving on the Sunshine in 20 days. After spending the past 2 New Years on the Breeze I've been reading that we would be disappointed :(

Hi! Looks like we will be on the same New Years cruise. I have sailed 3 cruises previously for New Years 2 with Disney and 1 with Norwegian so I am excited and anxious how this one will go

Things like cabin selection (which is always important) is especially important on the Sunshine due to the large number of cabins over the Main Theater/Disco.

So unless you are a real night owl, make sure you avoid any cabins that can have a noise issue.

We attended the naming Ceremony and did the Inaugural cruise from New Orleans and had a great time.

Yes, there were some disappointments but they were personal preferences like not enough karaoke.

I like the new layout except for the lack of karaoke space. It is different. Just make sure you see ALL of Lido...there is an entire world just passed the Aft Buffet area.

Was reading the reviews for the Sunshine, and a lot of them are negative. Any recent guests on here? Looking at cruises in January on her and now I am somewhat leery.........

Misslucy01

Jus had a friend off her today. Said it was AMAZING :D 55 days till I sail her:D

Any major problems finding a chair on the deck on sea days? Not in the serenity area. I mean in the regular open decks? Curious about this since sail in the Summer.

We sailed the Sunshine this past July and had the best time. I didn't really find it crowded except at breakfast on a port day when the entire ship is trying to eat breakfast at the same time. We still got food. We still found a seat (although it took a little longer) and we still got to port on time. I didn't find major problems finding a seat on a sea day. We always found seats. They might not be exactly where we wanted them, but we always found a spot on deck.