Excursions From/In St. Tropez

cruisegal415

There seems to be very little information about shore excursions from St. Tropez. I did a search on this topic and pretty much every post that asked about beaches in St. Tropez were left unanswered. I looked on various tour company websites with little success. I looked at Trip Advisor and Viator, pretty much nothing there. Yes, I even checked wikipedia as one poster on this board suggested.

I'll be on the Oceania Riviera in June and they do offer an excursion to Grimaud and Port Grimaud in the morning which I'll probably do. I am wondering if there are any beaches to go to in the afternoon. If not, any recommendations as to where to go, what to see, what to do in St. Tropez in the afternoon?

Our ship also goes to Monte Carlo where I will be doing an excursion to Nice and/or Eze and also goes to Marseille, where I will be going to Aix and Cassis.

Surely someone can offer some suggestions for St. Tropez! Thanks.

There seems to be very little information about shore excursions from St. Tropez. I did a search on this topic and pretty much every post that asked about beaches in St. Tropez were left unanswered. I looked on various tour company websites with little success. I looked at Trip Advisor and Viator, pretty much nothing there. Yes, I even checked wikipedia as one poster on this board suggested.

I'll be on the Oceania Riviera in June and they do offer an excursion to Grimaud and Port Grimaud in the morning which I'll probably do. I am wondering if there are any beaches to go to in the afternoon. If not, any recommendations as to where to go, what to see, what to do in St. Tropez in the afternoon?

Our ship also goes to Monte Carlo where I will be doing an excursion to Nice and/or Eze and also goes to Marseille, where I will be going to Aix and Cassis.

Surely someone can offer some suggestions for St. Tropez! Thanks.

I have been on the boards for a few years and there really is not much posted about St.Tropez as it is not one of the main sites people go to. Someone who has made the visit will post,but I would dare say don't be surprised if you do not get a reply.Until about 9 months ago on any of the boards no one asked about the beaches as they were not a destination on a Med cruise,but since more and more Caribe pax have been doing a Med cruise they have become more popular in the question dept. Most people go for the sightseeing/site/etc.The beaches in Europe are generally far far different than American beaches..as they are mostly rocky,but some have sand. If this is your first visit to this area I am sure you will have a great time and really enjoy your cruise.

If not, any recommendations as to where to go, what to see, what to do in St. Tropez in the afternoon? Thanks.

This what we did for half a day, just mooched around really but it was all very pleasant for no effort :) All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]_NcDithaCEY[/YOUTUBE]

• 11 months later...

We were on Oceania and took one of their "included" Olife tours to the hilltop towns. In the afternoon we walked around St Tropez and headed past the cemetery and down to a beach with a bar. This was in April so it was a little chilly.

Personally we consider St Tropez an awful port...which we suspect is why few cruise ships tender into that place. The problem is simply location and access. It is a tired old jet setter beach resort town with the main access being by vehicle. In fact, in season the local traffic can be awful to worse...as everyone who comes to this town does it in their car. And there is only access by a couple of 2 lane roads with the 4 lane Autostrade more then 25 miles distant. Although we consider "tour" a nasty 4 letter word....if you want to escape St Tropez it would be wise to book a tour....whether cruise line or private. Otherwise, just walk around the resort town, enjoy a very nice lunch (check prices before you sit since this town has its share of overpriced restaurants) and enjoy.

Hank

• 2 months later...