Such a silly question...

ala1017

Hi Happy cruiser people!

I have finally convinced my husband to take his first cruise...and I'm scared I may have lied to him...lol. When I cruised on Carnival a few years back with a friend we had bagels and lox every morning out on the balcony. THIS was the one single thing that sold my husband. Does NCL do bagels and Lox? And can I have them brought by room service? We are booked in an SD suite on the Dawn and I have read that suite guests do not pay the $7.95 fee...is that true?

Any answers are helpful....except if the answer is "No"...in that case will you tell my husband that...lol :D

Edited by ala1017

You can request your butler to serve you lox and bagels every morning if you like. Also suite guests will have a private dining room for breakfast if you would like to see what is offered there as well. French press coffee, cold buffet and fancy eggs benedict.

You will have a super experience. Since you are in a suite and the butler will bring what you order you are exempt from any of the $7.95 convenience fee.

Ummm....Well we're certainly not Bagel Connoisseurs, but I'm thinking a bagel on a balcony ,on a ship, on a beautiful vacation, beats any bagel we've had lately. :0)

Thank you for the info Sauer-Kraut. I am glad to know that after 13 years of marriage I still haven't lied...too badly! Now I just have to convince our 11 year old daughter that she will survive without internet for a week. That might be a harder sell.

She will more than survive. We took our 3 kids and not once did the older 2 even think of picking up their phones. There is so much to do, she will forget about it. Just make sure she goes to the kids club the first night. That is when they do all the meet and greet games and friends are made.

You can ask for anything to be delivered not just what is on the room service menu. On port days we usually order things from the haven restaurant including French press coffee to be delivered.

I just love Cruise Critic...You all are so helpful and knowledgeable.

We booked our cruise when the UDP, UBP, OBC and XYZ promo was available. My daughter came running out of her bedroom the other night going "Moooommm they have Wifi included now!!!" I had to explain to her the only way we could get it was if mommy and daddy sacrificed the UBP and UDP and she was all for that...lol. Not.Gonna.Happen. I also had to explain how I've heard the wifi service isn't really that great and how she will have so much fun she'll forget about the internet. I got the side eye. I am a little worried because she is kind of a loner child. She's an only child so she's really quite awkward in social settings. She loves to be by herself doin her own thing so I'm hoping that this vacation will help her to feel comfortable making friends.

Like I told her..."Your vacation is what you make it."

Funny you mention bagels and lox... I'm not a breakfast person at all but that is one of my "splurges" when on vacation lol

We travel a lot with our kids. They are 15, 13 and 11. The no phone access has definitely been an issue so I feel for you. A few tantrums and tears but we make it through. No one has ever had a bad vacation and everyone comes home smiling :-)

We sail in July yippee! Have a great holiday!

She will more than survive. We took our 3 kids and not once did the older 2 even think of picking up their phones. There is so much to do, she will forget about it. Just make sure she goes to the kids club the first night. That is when they do all the meet and greet games and friends are made.

This! The dolphins splash academy group (10-12 year olds) is fantastic! Register her the day you board (go early to avoid lines) and have her attend the 1st night (8 pm I believe)... She will love it!

P.S. My kid is an only too, and usually never leaves our side on vacations... I had to remind her it was her vacation too, cause she felt guilty about asking to go back to splash academy the morning after night 1.

Edited by Kierste

Ummm....Well we're certainly not Bagel Connoisseurs, but I'm thinking a bagel on a balcony ,on a ship, on a beautiful vacation, beats any bagel we've had lately. :0)

Thank you for the info Sauer-Kraut. I am glad to know that after 13 years of marriage I still haven't lied...too badly! Now I just have to convince our 11 year old daughter that she will survive without internet for a week. That might be a harder sell.

NCL has an internet package, if she makes too much of a fuss.

Now before people flame me... I was on the jewel in April. I am always buy Internet minutes so I can see my dog on the WebCam and I can check in at work and on my elderly mom.

I traveled with my niece who is 18 and she had to do some homework assignments via the computer.

We were actually on the first cruise of the jewel that offered an unlimited Internet package. We discussed it and chose to split the cost. We could log on and the Internet café or on our own devices throughout the ship even in our own suite.

Neither my niece or I were online all the time. But we did have times when we just wanted to sit look on the Internet while were gazing out at the ocean. No big deal.

It was a good compromise.