Early Saver room allocation

abo

Hi, I booked our first cruise on P&O in March this year, three rooms on a Canaries cruise at the end of July this year, all booked on an Early Saver fare. The cruise is now 6 weeks away and we still haven't had any of the rooms allocated. Could anyone with experience of Early Saver fares advise if that's fairly typical and when rooms on these fares are likely to be allocated (accepting of course that different cruises can vary)?

Many thanks.

Edited by abo

I've booked an early saver fare in the past and received my allocation around 2 weeks before ,its not the cabin I would have liked but you pays your money to takes your choice right?

However a word of caution with regard to P&0 and their unfair pricing systems .I am a regular and loyal customer so decided prior to my up and coming cruise I wanted to upgrade to a balcony.Rang Southampton and they agreed to upgrade me based on the price differential on the day I rang due to my I past cruising history.So everyone was happy.

I am booked on a Christmas cruise and booked an outside cabin however friends have decided to join us so things have changed. Yesterday I noticed the differential on my select price to purchase a balcony was just £100.00 I rang thinking that I could get the same deal how wrong was I ??.they asked me for a whopping £700.00 extra, so in essence because I booked early and thought I was getting the best deal not so, in fact Jo bloggs can book much later and get a far better deal.I declined their offer and am sticking with my original cabin.In the space of 13 months I would have taken 4 cruises with P&O so you think common sense would prevail.???I've decided to vote with my feet next time and I fear P&O and I will be parting company, as loyalty counts for very little sadly.

I think early savers get allocated about 1 month before. I know savers are about 2 weeks prior to sailing and early savers will be before that.

Hi....I booked select fare but still given a guaranteed cabin...any idea how long before cruise we will be allocated a cabin

Hi....I booked select fare but still given a guaranteed cabin...any idea how long before cruise we will be allocated a cabin

Never heard of that - thought with select fares, you got to pick your own cabin number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Never heard of that - thought with select fares, you got to pick your own cabin number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes so did I bit only guaranteed cabin...received the other "perks"..

booked in March for cruise in September

Nowadays it often happens that if you want to make a Select Booking and choose a cabin in the lowest balcony grade for example, you can't actually choose and your booking goes to a Guarantee Booking. You still get all the other benefits of the Select Booking, but not the choice of cabin unless you book really early. It does seem strange, I know.... I haven't quite got my head around it. The only plus point is that your cabin does get allocated before the Early Savers do, but not long before