Barbados beaches

Mrs applehead

I am looking for a child friendly beach to kill a few hours before our evening flight home.

Can anyone recommend somewhere near the ship?

Thank you

Look online at The Boatyard. Depends on the age of your child/children, but if they are old enough to enjoy platforms to jump off, ropes to swing on, etc. then it might be a good choice. Easy to get to from the ship by taxi, or you can walk it (takes around 20-30 mins?), I think the entrance fee (around $15-20 pp?) includes a drink, loungers/parasol and return shuttle back to the port. Quieter, on the same stretch of beach (I think), is Lobsters Alive. I looked at these for our 2015 cruise so am saying this from memory - I'm sure someone will corroborate.

Boatyard is a great or a day pass at one of the nice hotels if you want to splash out. We went to the Hilton for the day with our 3 year old and I have to say it was very nice to have access to all the facilities :-)

Thank you. She is only 3 so maybe the quieter end would be better.

We chose the Harbour Lights which is close to the Boat Yard but more relaxed , there is no entrance fee

just pay for a sun bed and shade if you want them . They also bring you drinks and food if you want any to

your bed on the beach.

It seemed OK for the families with toddlers who were there as well.

They have wash rooms to rinse the sand and for calls of nature which are free if your buying a drink etc .

There are a few films on YouTube that show you the beach looking towards your ship and Boat Yard also the Hilton looking the other way down the beach .

We told our Taxi what time to pick us up for our return ( 10 Mins back to ship ) but Harbour lights even

offered to ring one for us .

Boatyard is a great or a day pass at one of the nice hotels if you want to splash out. We went to the Hilton for the day with our 3 year old and I have to say it was very nice to have access to all the facilities :-)

Thank you, can I ask how you organised your day pass and roughly how much it was?

Booking direct with the Hilton they charge $40/pp or $55/pp with poolside lunch including 1 drink.

$15 non-refundable deposit, balance on arrival. You need to arrange your own transport to and fro.

Children under 5 are free whilst children aged 6-12 are charged $20/pp