Springhill Suites

vrock

We just booked Springhill suites in Dania and I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed here. What is the location like? Are there any stores nearby to purchase wine? Would you recommend this hotel.

What was your experience with the free shuttle service to the port. Would we be better off just taking a taxi.

We've stayed there a few times. Very nice property, clean, staff is good. No problems with the shuttle to the pier, it's a 3rd party, but they were well organized. We would have no problem staying there again,

We like this place, except for the limited dinner options (non-fast food) nearby. Good shuttle service (free from airport and to pier) and free breakfast.

Wine across the main street at either Kmart or BJs wholesale club (no membership needed for just wine).

We just booked Springhill suites in Dania and I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed here. What is the location like? Are there any stores nearby to purchase wine? Would you recommend this hotel.

What was your experience with the free shuttle service to the port. Would we be better off just taking a taxi.

Across Stirling Road from Oakwood Plaza Mall where other than all the usual fast food places you will find Moonlite Diner, Dave and Buster's, TGIFridays, Sweet Tomatoes, Sal's Italian Ristorante, Red Lobster and Hollywood Ale House.

We stayed there a few years ago and were pleased with it. Decent room, good choice of breakfast items and the port shuttle worked fine. I seem to remember we signed up for it at the front desk and they had different shuttles for the different ships.

Thank you all for posting. We are flying in a couple of days before our cruise we would like to check out the water taxi how far would that be from springhill suites.

Well...That's an interesting question.

From SpringHill Suites it's 6 miles to the Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi stop underneath the 17th Street Causeway Bridge in front of the Hilton Marina and 5 miles to Margaritaville/Five O'Clock Somewhere and the first stop of the Hollywood Water Taxi. You can ride both Water Taxis with the same ticket by transferring at the Hilton Marina stop

http://watertaxi.com/

I am also staying at the Springhill Suites pre and post cruise. I reserved Jiffy Jeffs for our transfer to and from the Port of Miami. I just received a e-mail stating that they can't honor our transfer to the cruise port because they will be on vacation. Our cruise is Sept 9th, does anyone have suggestions on a company that does transfers to Port of Miami?

I am also staying at the Springhill Suites pre and post cruise. I reserved Jiffy Jeffs for our transfer to and from the Port of Miami. I just received a e-mail stating that they can't honor our transfer to the cruise port because they will be on vacation. Our cruise is Sept 9th, does anyone have suggestions on a company that does transfers to Port of Miami?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You'll get a much better response if you post a new thread with your question. This is considered hijacking and a no-no per Cruise Critic rules. Besides, the title of this thread won't help you, while one such as "Transfers from POM to Ft Lauderdale Hotel" which get a lot more replies.