MyCruisePhoto

Anyone planning a cruise on Oasis of the Seas, check the DVD before purchasing. Unlike other cruises, the DVD DOES NOT contain any video footage from your cruise. The DVD only tells about the ship and ports of call, plus the footage is old and does not include any current cruise staff members. When I asked about it on the ship I was told it was a complete DVD. Very disappointed.

Yeah, I heard that, that sucks! If it's any consolation, my recent Jewel DVD didn't have much, just the sailaway and the belly flop. The cruise director and the entertainers had changed the cruise before mine and they showed the old ones. I only bought it because I saw my friends in the crowd at the flop contest and thought they would like to see it...:(

I received an email from the photo people onboard the Oasis. There excuse for not having activities from our cruise was, "the ship is to big to record everything". Simply amazing how we can world news. I know the ship is large but it's not as big as our world.

The "Cruise in Review" DVD's (I think that's what they are called) are produced using a "template" video, per se. The RCL cameramen will film events and crowd shots throughout the cruise. They will use these (short) clips within the larger video presentation on the DVD. Much of the video presentation will be stock footage.

Want to know how long they been doing this, well the old cruise in review used to be vcr tapes:p

Want to know how long they have been using stock footage, ever since vcr tapes:rolleyes:

You think they have enough time to do a compete new vid for every cruise, no way. Post 5 has is correct.

Here is a link to a YouTube video of the Allure of the Seas Cruise in Review (I hope I am not violating any copyrights by posting this, if so it's not intended):

I guess you can compare this to another Allure Cruise in Review video....

Not true on Allure. We had some of our party participate in karaoke and they were featured on the DVD. Not all of the Dvd is from you sailing but many activities are.

I wasn't sure what to expect from our Allure cruise's DVD. I was surprised to see my son in the Living Room briefly in the video. That was two years ago, though, so I don't know how things may have changed since then.

The majority of the disc did seem to be stock footage, and that did make it more difficult to discern which segments were shot onboard and which were stock.

Archived