Reporting Semi-Live from NCL Gem 5-23-15

seadog67

Thank you great memory .Say hi to Leo from Remi & Mary Ann from Ottawa ont Canada we were on the gem last November 7th to 11th

Your welcome, if we see hm tonight I will. Thanks for following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaving on the Gem Saturday, as everyone stated sea dog....thank you, thank you, thank you for the opportunity to sail with you.....AWESOME thread !!!

Thanks Nancy&frank! Hope you have a great time!

Good Morning Cruise Critic's and welcome to day 7 .. Whatttt no it can't .. Where is the rewind button!

Oh well all good things come to an end..

Another beautiful sunrise. We were blessed with beautiful weather the whole week. Not the norm for us on this route so we will take it!

d9dc49295b3202cabfd6479de2c26ae8.jpg

Beautiful calm seas

https://vimeo.com/129202834

Plan for today is to visit part of the ship we have not this trip, relax a bit for the arduous task of packing [emoji22] and take care of the hardworking staff who took care of us all week.

Thanks for following all week and i hope to have some fun activities to share on our last day!

Have your butler pack you!

Enjoy the last day! We will be embarking on the Gem tomorrow!

I did not tip our butler enough to deal with my wife and packing lol. Thanks for the idea though!

We will enjoy our last day thanks for following!

Going to miss our first breakfast morning coffe and danish

ef60f0107f9d159d9322d88c28766929.jpg

37d9126dd29c1cdf2c1bf87d9b562315.jpg

Along with trading this view each morning with my work computer screen [emoji22]

1968615db0bc73fa6ebc88a28023fa77.jpg

Now for the not so good, ( very minor issue in the scheme of things as mentioned earlier in the week) but still note worthy:

Our balcony sits two decks below the great outdoors and they power-wash that deck each night and all the trash and grime end up on our balcony. Even mentioning it hasn't helped so I plan to comment on it higher up but not sure it will matter:

368ebf56794789e01817e2732be25237.jpg

14c886a0f8e14958465c0ab8b67e1c4c.jpg

f1b182ffee1ae7161f1a751411fcf889.jpg

Nothing that dampens a great trip but first time, even in an aft balcony, that this was an issue.

Back to the fun stuff!

Been enjoying your daily updates. Feel like we've taken the cruise with you. Will miss them next week! Hope the transition back to work goes smoothly. We sail on the Gem in 4 weeks and your pictures and write ups have gotten us so excited. Thanks.😃

Been enjoying your daily updates. Feel like we've taken the cruise with you. Will miss them next week! Hope the transition back to work goes smoothly. We sail on the Gem in 4 weeks and your pictures and write ups have gotten us so excited. Thanks.[emoji2]

Thanks Lcbhcb! Really glad everyone is enjoying! You are going to have a blast in 4 weeks and if they go as fast as this week for us your trip will be here in no time!

Thanks for following.

Trying to implement some of the minor photo training: using leading lines

9638b8150847fbcb048391d0cba8db62.jpg

Thanks for the reports, lots of fun to see and read. Weather here should be nice tomorrow for your arrivle although it has been rather warm this week. Glad you had such a good trip.

Thanks hypercafe! I will take warm [emoji3] soon enough we'll be back in old man winter! Just another reason to take a cruise to warmth lol.

Thanks for following!

Stairwell by Magnums (deck 6 up to Deck 7)

9c7535ba31d1e66d67b5b4d95ef843f8.jpg

Along with trading this view each morning with my work computer screen [emoji22]

1968615db0bc73fa6ebc88a28023fa77.jpg

This would make an incredible screen background!

Your right, that is a good idea, though not sure how well the iphone photo will scale to a larger screen.

Thank you so much for posting the additional photos of the suite (bed and little couch area). Looking forward to seeing photo of Coka's Gem-It Mermaid and her good luck treasures on display in the bridge viewing room.

You may not have one of the little door hang tag breakfast room service menus since you are in a suite but could you possibly request one from your room steward and photo it for us? I'm talking about the one that shows complimentary items available before 10 or 10:30 am ..... the newest one :) I know what we order (prebreakfast of coffee, juice and chocolate croissant (me) /bran muffin (dh) is still included in cruise fare so asking for other cc members.

If you haven't already tried it the Raspberry Guava Mojito is really good - my favorite on the Sugarcane Mojito Bar menu.

Have a wonderful day .... we'll be there in spirit with you.