Reporting Semi-Live from NCL Gem 5-23-15

seadog67

Kiddies playing wii in the atrium

https://vimeo.com/129272328

Had a wonderful dinner in Cagneys again. Double shrimp cocktail and baked potato soup only. Need to cut down definitely gained some weight [emoji3]

Beautiful evening as I try to procrastinate final packing.

4fada0790afe5b52d4b11e99309e460b.jpg

Not sure how many updates I can provide tomorrow but will try and see this through to the bitter end with me kicking and screaming trying to stay on the ship [emoji16]

Either way, I enjoyed updating everyone and I thank everyone for their kind words and encouragement all week, made the effort worthwhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again for sharing your cruise with us! I've really enjoyed your posts and they made me even more excited to be boarding the Gem tomorrow!

So glad you enjoyed your time away!

Seadog - Thanks for all the effort and time you put in on this review. It was just like being there with you. You unselfishly used your vacation time to entertain all of us. Get home safe and thanks again!

3622994.jpg

Wanted to save my applause til the end, so ditto KyleClark's post. ^^^

Will be on the Gem a week from Sunday, headed in a different direction (Canada). Thank you so much for sharing your vacation and the Gem with us! So much useful info in this thread.

Will be on the Gem a week from Sunday, headed in a different direction (Canada). Thank you so much for sharing your vacation and the Gem with us! So much useful info in this thread.

I think you're on the same cruise I am! Did you join the Roll Call? I don't remember seeing your name there.

Harriet

Seadog - Thanks for all the effort and time you put in on this review. It was just like being there with you. You unselfishly used your vacation time to entertain all of us. Get home safe and thanks again!

3622994.jpg

Ditto this from me! Thank you so much for sharing your entire cruise experience with us! This was absolutely incredible and I truly hope we didn't cause any problems or annoyances for you.

Yes thank you Seadog for taking the time to share photos, videos, and usefull information. Best live report yet !

We are on same sailing. Have cruised to Canada numerous times, but never to Portland Maine. Cannot wait.

Edited by NYcruzzer

3622994.jpg

Ditto! Thanks again Seadog.

3622994.jpg

DITTO....from me too !:D

I just may [emoji3] i never realized there were different mojitos until yesterday doh!

When someone asked if they had a tasting earlier this week ( i forget who) I first thought there is only one mojito, now I see i was a babe in the woods lol!

The flight it will be, thanks for the recommendations!

That was me :) I fell in love with the mojito bar and all the varieties on the Getaway last summer and couldn't have been more excited to learn they added a mojito bar to the Gem. Hope you enjoyed them!

Did you notice at all the past week if they had any Cold Soups? They use to be something I looked forward too but I'm not sure if they brought them back.

Thank you so much for this Awesome play by play review of your Cruise.

If you are not a travel writer in real life....you SHOULD be! Conde Nast is calling your name. Thanks for the memories.

Thanks watchdiva! I am glad it was enjoyable!

Thanks again for sharing your cruise with us! I've really enjoyed your posts and they made me even more excited to be boarding the Gem tomorrow!

So glad you enjoyed your time away!

Thanks harry! Have a great time this week!

3622994.jpg

LOL awesome Kyle! I love it, thanks! It was fun to do and give back a bit to this great board and community, after years of enjoyment of others reports!

Ditto this from me! Thank you so much for sharing your entire cruise experience with us! This was absolutely incredible and I truly hope we didn't cause any problems or annoyances for you.

Thanky sparky and sgmamabear! It was no bother, I rather enjoyed it really! Thanks for following!

Yes thank you Seadog for taking the time to share photos, videos, and usefull information. Best live report yet !

We are on same sailing. Have cruised to Canada numerous times, but never to Portland Maine. Cannot.

WOW - gratz to you!!! I paid for a cruise/vacation once with winnings at the 3-card poker table.

Thanks Nycruzzer and pamster! Have a great time NY.

It is a great feeling pamster paying for a cruise with winnings [emoji3] as you know it is not usually like that lol

Thanks for sharing your week with us Seadog. I love the Gem and your photos have brought back so many happy memories. :)

DITTO....from me too !:D

Thanks peg and jaja!

Hazy morning at the mouth of the hudson with nary a cloud in the sky!

c3d8af51c0b0dff0a555a6a51aeb2b39.jpg

Thank you very much for your time and effort to post all your pics and commentaries. I'm sitting here looking at our suitcases and anticipating getting aboard tomorrow even more because of you.

Thanks big Al! Were almost to you!

b65cbd8070af42e14ae8dcd1ea69b9c5.jpg

Seadog thank you so much. This has to be one of the best reviews/ live from's I've ever followed. I can't sleep for anticipation of boarding the Gem today. I know you are already feeling the stirrings of post cruise blues but your cruise will stay with all of us for a long time. Thank you again for being such a generous soul. Safe travels home.

That was me :) I fell in love with the mojito bar and all the varieties on the Getaway last summer and couldn't have been more excited to learn they added a mojito bar to the Gem. Hope you enjoyed them!

I sure did! Now I have something else to drink instead on my gin and tonics! Thanks juvesgirl!

Wonder what a balcony cabin on that ship costs [emoji3]

https://vimeo.com/129291746

Did you notice at all the past week if they had any Cold Soups? They use to be something I looked forward too but I'm not sure if they brought them back.

Thank you so much for this Awesome play by play review of your Cruise.

We did not eat in the main dining this week. I do have a few photos of the menus from Magenta so I will look to see if they offered any and post it.

Thanks for following!