Grand Turk with 4 year old

happybunny1207

We were there last year with our 7 & 8 year old. We walked down to Jack's Shack and got couple of chairs on the beach. There is a dog there named "Topher" that is known by everyone.

The kids had a great day playing on the beach and we had a few drinks and just enjoyed the day. We ended up meeting a couple of other familes there from the ship and they were even frinds at Camp Carnival.

When you get off the ship the beach is right there along with a HUGE pool at Margaritaville. We're definitely going to make our stop there a beach day with our little ones. I don't know the rest of your itinerary, but for us this is the only one of our 4 ports where we don't have to travel by cab and/or pay for the beach!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Another vote for the beach. I don't think there is an easier port for little ones than Grand Turk. At least not another that I've visited. Margaritaville is right at the end of the pier and access to the beach and pool is free unless you rent a cabana which we do because I'm not a big sun person and we like the space to keep our things, order lunch, shower off and give little one a break from the sun too. We've had one with our son at 2, 3 and will again this October when he's 4.

We stayed at the port at margaritaville. The pool would be a dream to a 4 year old. Next time we are going to make our way down to jacks, at least for a while. The beach when you get off is crowded with chairs.

Edited by kona_wahine

• 1 month later...
yes, definitely walk down to Jacks...Nice beach, beautiful water and calm! Also an inflatable trampoline and rock wall in the water for kids to play on...only $10!

We are going in September with our 4yr old as well and I keeping reading that the sand in the water is rough, sharp, rocky, etc that you need water shoes. Is this true of the area by Jacks shack? How crowded does it get down by Jacks?