Long Beach - Priceline

skybaby

Crusing in April. Flying into Long Beach. Want to stay at a hotel in Long Beach. Perferably Hyatt, Westin, Hilton, Courtyard, etc. Want to try to get one of these via priceline.com. What area do you choose in order to get one of these hotels?

Thank you!

I had a little trouble with this at first too because I typed in Los Angeles for the city. To do your search, type in Long Beach and choose the Long Beach option. We bid on a 4 star and $60 and received the Hyatt for April 6 on our first bid.

Good luck!

Not having any luck here. Booking for Fri, Apr 13th. Put in $60 for 4 star. Got nothing. Put in $70 for 4 star and got nothing again. Either going to have to go higher or go to a 3 star.

Not having any luck here. Booking for Fri, Apr 13th. Put in $60 for 4 star. Got nothing. Put in $70 for 4 star and got nothing again. Either going to have to go higher or go to a 3 star.

It looks like the Hyatt is sold out for the 13th, and the only other 4* I see in the area is the Westin Long Beach, the rooms there are listing at $379 per night. So you would probably have to up your bid to get it. You may want to see what 3* hotels are in the area and start your bidding again at around $60, or branch out to neighboring areas.

Be careful with the 3* in Long Beach, a few of the hotels are in nice areas, but many are not.

Hi there,

As I thought you are trying to book a hotel during the Grand Prix. You won't find a hotel open on Ocean that weekend. Or if you did the price would be way too much.

I am from Long Beach, so if I can help you with where to stay let me know.

Since you are having trouble staying at a downtown hotel, the Marriott is very near the airport and about 15 minutes from downtown. Nothing to do but sleep there, but in a good area.

When you have the name of a hotel and location, let me know and I will tell you about the hotel and area.

Happy Cruisen

Chris

Thanks guys...you guys are great!

Chris, we get in around 10am (but it will be 1pm to our bodies) so we have the day to kill. So we'd definitely want to do alittle something that day. Marriott near the airport would be fine except we would like to do something other than sleep. hmmm...

Looks like I better make a decision soon before there's nothing left.

Think we should try San Pedro instead?

Hi there,

As I thought you are trying to book a hotel during the Grand Prix. You won't find a hotel open on Ocean that weekend. Or if you did the price would be way too much.

I am from Long Beach, so if I can help you with where to stay let me know.

Since you are having trouble staying at a downtown hotel, the Marriott is very near the airport and about 15 minutes from downtown. Nothing to do but sleep there, but in a good area.

When you have the name of a hotel and location, let me know and I will tell you about the hotel and area.

Happy Cruisen

Chris

Hi Chris;

We are a grp of about 30 who will be sailing out of Long Beach on 2/17/08. We are trying to keep costs for a 3 night stay in the area as reasonable as possible, but not staying in a "Bad" area. I know this is not in your immediate area, but was wondering what if anything you know about either the Anaheim Desert Inn or the Islander Inn and Suites, both near Disneyland. We are trying to be somewhat reasonably accesible to the touristy sites in LA, but not too far from the cruiseport. Many in our grp have never been to CA, and we want to experience as much of that area as we can. Any and all info will be cheerfully accepted. Thanks for your time and attention.

Happy cruisen to you also,

Ctrain

Archived