Help: I need the wine list

Nessi

I'll be on the Diamond on 07/30. Can anyone tell me where I can find the wine list? I found a website that listed the whites, but I need to know about the reds.

Thanks!

Nessi

If you drink wine and champagne often, $48 is not bad at all for Moet (champagne)...$28 isn't bad either for Mondavi Pinot Moir (red wine) either....yes, it is more than at home, but when you consider the cork fee....right on the money and no hassle. The cheapest I have purchased Moet for was $25 at Sam's Club...it is close to $48 at the liquor stores here in Atlanta. Fetzer is a good red wine as well if you like Cabernet Sauvignon as well...$28.00.

The Mondavi and Fetzer sell for $7 in Calif (Safeway or Costco). But Princess markups on Champagnes and a few French / Chilean / Australian wines are reasonable. /Sultan

If you drink wine and champagne often, $48 is not bad at all for Moet (champagne)...$28 isn't bad either for Mondavi Pinot Moir (red wine) either....yes, it is more than at home, but when you consider the cork fee....right on the money and no hassle. The cheapest I have purchased Moet for was $25 at Sam's Club...it is close to $48 at the liquor stores here in Atlanta. Fetzer is a good red wine as well if you like Cabernet Sauvignon as well...$28.00.

• 4 weeks later...

Nessi, you're in luck. I just received a copy of the Wine List that a friend of mine got while on Diamond Princess last month. I haven't had an opportunity to scan it yet, but will be doing that in the next couple of days when time permits. Is there a particular wine you're looking for?

The list or red wines contains:

11 American Cabernet Sauvignons

6 American Merlots

4 American Zinfandels

6 Italians

5 French

3 Australian

2 Chilean

1 Spanish

Oh, and a partridge in a pear tree. ;)

There are also 36 whites/blushes/roses as well as some non-acoholic wines, dessert wines, and even three kosher wines.

A friend who recently sailed on Diamond Princess just sent me the wine list from their cruise. Here it is, in PDF format....

Diamond Princess Wine List

Enjoy!

Thanks for the list.. There is also another list available of around 20 or so upper end wines... You can ask your waiter for it when he/she presents the normal wine list to you at dinner

Interesting to see an actual list from the ship. Don't plan your budget for this list, tho, as it is 14 months old; nevertheless, it gives everyone a good idea of varieties offered on board and estimates of prices.

We are travelling with 2 other couples.....and we have several days in SEA before departure. We'll probably go to a local wine shop and buy a case or two of some good bottles....and then hoist before- or after-dinner glasses in one of our cabins. We are on board for 18 days....will have plenty of time to finish all of those bottles.

cheers

Thanks, NormBailey! I know this winelist may not be indentical to what we see when we sail on the Diamond, but this is very helpful. We're looking forward to picking up some great Washington wines in Seattle and carrying them onboard. Corkage fee is fine with us!

Nessi

• 2 years later...
A friend who recently sailed on Diamond Princess just sent me the wine list from their cruise. Here it is, in PDF format....

Diamond Princess Wine List

Enjoy!

Sorry to dig this up but i am sailing in a week and was checking on the winelist. It's bad enough when they don't list vintages. But when it says "Chateauneuf de pape...$30", that is the equivalent of saying "Napa Valley...$30" Doesn't say producer or vintage. Just says the region and there are 100's of producers.

Gotta question the prices and currency of this list since in lower edge of this is May 2004?????????

WOW!!!:eek:

Didn't realize i pulled up a thread from 2005. Hopefully they list producers these days but from what i have seen listed on other threads, it doesn't appear that way.

Archived