Butler services

sparty1

I think these are 2 quick questions:-)

1. How do we differentiate between requests of our butler and those of our cabin steward?

(What are considered appropriate requests to ask a "butler" to provide? Not being used to this service, I do not want to presume anything. ie: would it be appropriate to have a few items ironed at embarkation? Or is that only a fee service to be sent away for? Or is it presumptuous to not just use the self-serve laundry's iron to do it myself? Requests for extra hangers or wine glasses? Or is that the cabin steward's responsibility?)

2. Do the cabins/suites provide both robes and slippers?

Thank you!

1. How do we differentiate between requests of our butler and those of our cabin steward?

(What are considered appropriate requests to ask a "butler" to provide? Not being used to this service, I do not want to presume anything. ie: would it be appropriate to have a few items ironed at embarkation? Or is that only a fee service to be sent away for? Or is it presumptuous to not just use the self-serve laundry's iron to do it myself? Requests for extra hangers or wine glasses? Or is that the cabin steward's responsibility?)

2. Do the cabins/suites provide both robes and slippers?

Thank you!

You will find that the Butler will be available at most times to address any of your issues. Do not be afraid to ask him/her anything. In fact we found on our last cruise we had to ask him not to do certain thing like bringing canapés every day! We also asked him to bring us Tea and Scones after we missed the normal afternoon trolley service.

You still see the room steward from time to time, but use the butler, after all you're paying the service

Yes, Cabins and Suites both get Robes and Slippers, whereas only the suites get the Butler. When we first cruised with Azamara even the cabins had butlers, but this changed quite soon afterwards.

Edited by Azamarajunkie

Thank you for such a quick response, Azamarajunkie! I have difficulty with asking others to do things I've always done for myself, but I really want to be able to take advantage of what Azamara offers in their suites(Like you said, as long as we're paying for it!;-) I'm so looking forward to a "new" ship, in a suite, on an exciting itinerary, meeting new people...:D

You will find that the Butler will be available at most times to address any of your issues. Do not be afraid to ask him/her anything. In fact we found on our last cruise we had to ask him not to do certain thing like bringing canapés every day! We also asked him to bring us Tea and Scones after we missed the normal afternoon trolley service.

You still see the room steward from time to time, but use the butler, after all you're paying the service

Yes, Cabins and Suites both get Robes and Slippers, whereas only the suites get the Butler. When we first cruised with Azamara even the cabins had butlers, but this changed quite soon afterwards.

Thank you for such a quick response, Azamarajunkie! I have difficulty with asking others to do things I've always done for myself, but I really want to be able to take advantage of what Azamara offers in their suites(Like you said, as long as we're paying for it!;-) I'm so looking forward to a "new" ship, in a suite, on an exciting itinerary, meeting new people...:D

That's OK, that's what the forum is for. Like you we are excited about joining the reimagined Journey at the end of this month and experiencing the 'new' ship. :)

I route pretty much all requests through the butler and those you mentioned are classic examples. He will give you his card when you meet him if it's not already left out on the counter top with his phone number on it and for times he is off duty during the day it will be covered by another butler. You might struggle to get items pressed on embarkation day. You can ask, but it's usually hectic for the crew on turnaround day so a careful packing of some items with tissue paper for example or a visit to the self service laundry might be a good plan.

Phil

I've been using this method for a number of years now and find it really does work. Feels unnatural at first packing like this, but the clothes I take are pretty much wrinkle free when I arrive.. If I have a shirt with a crease in it somewhere I wet the area that's creased and dry it with the hairdryer. Can you tell I try and avoid that laundry room at all costs? Lol

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I've been using this method for a number of years now and find it really does work. Feels unnatural at first packing like this, but the clothes I take are pretty much wrinkle free when I arrive.. If I have a shirt with a crease in it somewhere I wet the area that's creased and dry it with the hairdryer. Can you tell I try and avoid that laundry room at all costs? Lol

Phil

Thank you !!:):D