Getting to and from cruise ship going to Honolulu luau

Cinderellie

How far is Paradise Cove and Germaine's luaus from the cruise ship terminal where the Star Princess sails into in Honolulu?

We want to do a luau on that Thursday night when the ship does not leave until 11:00 PM, but we are nervous about getting back in time.

Paradise Cove said they have transportation back to Waikiki hotels, but not the cruise ship terminal. How far would a cab ride be?

Can any local help us out here with advice?

Thanks!

I believe we were picked up at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for our Paradise Cove Luau. Not sure what a taxi would cost from the pier to the Hilton, hopefully another local will come forward with that info.

Paradise Cove is too far to think of taking a taxi to it, and Germaine's is right out along the same coastal area.

You might do better to see if one the large hotels (Hilton, Royal Hawaiian) might do a luau the night you are there, so you are closer in town to the ship. I'd be afraid of not making it back to the ship by 10:00. I think both Germaine's and Paradise Cove let us out about 9:30, but then it was about a 45 minute ride back to the Hilton, cutting it very close.

This website might be of help

http://www.hawaii-luaus.com/visitor-luaus/oahu-luaus/

Thanks. From that website, we found Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park. Looks amazing!

One thing to know is that Sea Life Park is on the east side of Oahu. It is not in Honolulu. So you're adding time to consider when getting back to the ship...and you'll have to get through the Honolulu traffic on top of that. So if you're considering a night time one (I couldn't find the hours for this luau...we did go to SLP a few cruises ago, but the regular excursion booked through Princess), I would suggest looking at one in Honolulu, and keep an eye on the time so you can grab a taxi and get back to the ship on time (remember the 11pm is sailaway time, not the time to be getting back to the ship).

There's two terminals, so if you're at terminal 2, you'll be closer to Waikiki. People prefer the Aloha Tower one (it has a beautiful mural), but that's to the north.

• 2 months later...
Thanks. From that website, we found Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park. Looks amazing!

I thought it would be great--until I read that it is closed on Tuesday--when we will be in port!