ms Amsterdam UPDATED Gallery of Photos

shipcafe

Hi Everyone!

After having visited the ms Amsterdam since the first time I photographed her, I have revamped my online gallery of her. While some of the previous photos still exist, I have basically re-created the gallery for a better look.

I hope that the photos are helpful and/or interesting for any past or future cruisers! The upgraded gallery is on my web site listed under "Ship Café".

Have a Great Day,

Steve

Great pictures as usual Steve. I have passed on the website to my sister who will be on the Amsterdam on 16th December - South America trip. Lucky sister and brother in law have an S suite. Should be the trip of a lifetime! :) ;) :o

Jennie

Hi Steve.

I had a look at your website with all the pictures and they are great.

My husband and I both used to work in the tourism-industry ourselves.

We were in Rotterdam when Oosterdam had her dedication.

We have pictures of the exact moment that champagne was broken against the bow.

We have many picures of various cruise-ships not only during our cruises but also when they sail through the North-sea Channel on their way to or from the city of Amsterdam.

• 1 month later...

Well Steve - I wish I could draw 7056 for you, so you'll have to bear with my description...

First one enters into the side of the room - to your immediate left is the bathroom (sans tub) and to your right is the desk & farther to the right are the wardrobes. Facing the wardrobes and desk are the beds under a faux-window wall w/ curtains such as one would expect to find in an inside stateroom - however adjacent to that on the far right wall is a window overlooking the stern. To the left of the beds facing the side of the bathroom module is the sofa, its lamptable/lifepreserver cabinet at the far end - the sofa having less than 2 feet between its front edge and the bathroom wall - and the small oval cocktail table. To state it another way - where most staterooms have the wardrobes, entry and door to the bathroom in the "panhandle" part of the room, we had a seating area facing a blank wall. Also - the hooks from which to hang robes, etc were at the far end of the panhandle - practically inaccessible from all the furniture piled into the corner.

Because the bathroom door faces the main part of the room, it's possible to sit on your commode and watch the wake of the ship (and passengers walking up the stairs to the aft Lido!).

Outside Staterooms are listed as @ 196 sq ft, but this stateroom was so small - I have the feeling that the space is limited because it's squeezed in between the open deck at the stern of Deck 7 and the tank of the aft-lido swimming pool. I bought a tape measure in Ketchikan to measure the room & figured that it was only @ 175 sq ft!

BTW - Since the outer door to the open deck is fewer than 6 feet from your toes in bed, whenever someone allows the door to shut by itself in windy weather - it's the loudest slam you've ever heard in your life! Also - 7055 would be similar as it's the mirrored twin to 7056.

Archived