SC Suites on Eurodam

AfriCan

DH and I are booked into a SC suite (#6164) on the Eurodam, Carib. cruise coming up in October. How do these suites compare to the SB and SA categories, and are there any benefits in booking a SC guarantee vs. a specific SC cabin (other than a potential upgrade to SA mid-ship, closer to NL)? How do the floor space and balcony area measure up compared to a SA? I was told by HAL that going with a SC guarantee will most likely result in getting just that.

Also, what does the SC (corner suite) balcony look like? Can't really tell from deck plan layouts what to expect... If offered an upgrade to SB or SA, would you take it? Any pro's and con's, and photos of the SC suite layout and balcony would be appreciated.

Having lived in The Netherlands for a number of years, we are really looking forward to our first taste of HAL!

I have been in 6164 on the Eurodam and would not book it again. The main reason is because it connects to 6162. The dressing area in an SC normally has a large closet. This is the location that the rooms connect, therefore no closet in the dressing area. Our friends had an SB cabin directly above us (7132). I have booked that cabin for a cruise Thanksgiving. The cabin is larger and closer to the Neptune Lounge.

DH and I are booked into a SC suite (#6164) on the Eurodam, Carib. cruise coming up in October. How do these suites compare to the SB and SA categories, and are there any benefits in booking a SC guarantee vs. a specific SC cabin (other than a potential upgrade to SA mid-ship, closer to NL)? How do the floor space and balcony area measure up compared to a SA? I was told by HAL that going with a SC guarantee will most likely result in getting just that.

Also, what does the SC (corner suite) balcony look like? Can't really tell from deck plan layouts what to expect... If offered an upgrade to SB or SA, would you take it? Any pro's and con's, and photos of the SC suite layout and balcony would be appreciated.

Having lived in The Netherlands for a number of years, we are really looking forward to our first taste of HAL!

We were in SC 6175. Here are some balcony pics. The cabin itself is somewhat smaller than the SB/SA's.

1435749019_Eurodam2008267(Small).jpg.b8aca58795e7c929e8507a4d9781001c.jpg

1243891062_Eurodam2008265(Small).jpg.be9f4e7d92115b5403db51be80929c51.jpg

1663867923_Eurodam2008266(Small).jpg.b0a73a1a83f522ccd0b1bd814e9fe05d.jpg

138503898_Eurodam2008270(Small).jpg.189beb58130e3933fb1249684029e379.jpg

I'd stick to Deck 4 or 5 - Deck 6 is the smallest of the SC's.

A few interior pics of 6175.

Did the connecting door have a negative impact on the layout of the room, IYO? How would the closets be positioned in other SB/SA suites? My DH is concerned about the noise/vibration on level 5 (we were advised by our TA to steer away from level 4 for that reason; also both suites on level 4 already booked). Only suites lft in SB and SA are mid-ship on levels 6 and 7...

If an aft corner is available and in your price range, it might be worth the extra walking to get to the Neptune Lounge. I love the corner suites!

Thanks all for your valuable insight! I was so happy to find a corner suite, now we have to decide whether we'll live with it's shortcomings, or go for a Guarantee where it's pot-luck where you end up.... in any event, no suite can be undesirable! Just so happy we have the opportunity to go!

Did the connecting door have a negative impact on the layout of the room, IYO? How would the closets be positioned in other SB/SA suites? My DH is concerned about the noise/vibration on level 5 (we were advised by our TA to steer away from level 4 for that reason; also both suites on level 4 already booked). Only suites lft in SB and SA are mid-ship on levels 6 and 7...

There were three of us in this suite and found that there was plenty of closet space, even with the door taking up some space that would have otherwise offered even more storage.

There were three of us in this suite and found that there was plenty of closet space, even with the door taking up some space that would have otherwise offered even more storage.

Thanks for the lovely photos and advice. The balcony does seem narrower than the photos I've seen of the SB/SA's, but the wrap-around side also gives one nice views todards the wake and the side. Definitely something to consider!

• 9 months later...

We have booked Eurodam SC 6164 for an upcoming cruise and have read the posters concerns regarding the size of the suite and adjoining cabin. I have read the lower suites are larger, being farther away from the Neptune lounge does not bother us. We love corner suites and SC suites 4176, 4181, 5187, 6175 are still available.

What are your thoughts? :)

We are booked in SC4181 for our upcoming Baltic cruise. We've never been on the Eurodam before, but have always booked the deck 4 SC suites on our previous cruises. We personally like the fact that no one is below us, so when we look over the railing, all we see is the beautiful wake. Also, if you're a non-smoker, it helps to not have anyone below you smoking.

The only time we have had a problem with vibration was when one of the azipods was broken, and the only working one was directly below our cabin...causing massive vibrations. But when both azipods are working, vibration has never been a problem for us (others have posted they did have problems; perhaps they are more sensitive to it or weather or rough seas made the difference).

When I called HAL to ask about the sizes of the cabins, they gave me the square footage of all the SC cabins...and the ones on deck 4 are definitely larger than any of the others (not including verandahs: Deck 4 SCs are 374 square feet; Deck 5 SCs are 332 square feet; and Deck 6 SCs are 292 square feet).

Hope this helps.

We were on the Eurodam last Oct. and had 6175 which is a corner suite with the wrap around verandah. We loved it. It had a lot of closet space so our suitcases were never in sight and we had plenty of room for hanging our clothes. The wrap around verandah was great. It had two loungers on the side and two chairs with a little table and a small dining table with chairs on the back on each side of the door. We just booked a suite like it on the Noordam for Dec. this year and are looking forward to living in luxury again for 10 days. Some people don't like the back of the ship because they are afraid it will be noisy and a not smooth ride. I never felt any movement on the Eurodam and I get motion sickness even when I use medication sometimes. I didn't have the problem of sickness on the Eurodam. Maybe your cruise critic group will do a cabin crawl where you can visit some of the other cc people's cabin so you can see what the different catagories look like. We did that on the Eurodam and it was alot of fun.

We are booked in SC4181 for our upcoming Baltic cruise. We've never been on the Eurodam before, but have always booked the deck 4 SC suites on our previous cruises. We personally like the fact that no one is below us, so when we look over the railing, all we see is the beautiful wake. Also, if you're a non-smoker, it helps to not have anyone below you smoking.

The only time we have had a problem with vibration was when one of the azipods was broken, and the only working one was directly below our cabin...causing massive vibrations. But when both azipods are working, vibration has never been a problem for us (others have posted they did have problems; perhaps they are more sensitive to it or weather or rough seas made the difference).

When I called HAL to ask about the sizes of the cabins, they gave me the square footage of all the SC cabins...and the ones on deck 4 are definitely larger than any of the others (not including verandahs: Deck 4 SCs are 374 square feet; Deck 5 SCs are 332 square feet; and Deck 6 SCs are 292 square feet).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information, we called HAL and changed our room to SC 4176.

Very friendly reservations staff. :)

• 1 month later...
We have booked Eurodam SC 6164 for an upcoming cruise and have read the posters concerns regarding the size of the suite and adjoining cabin. I have read the lower suites are larger, being farther away from the Neptune lounge does not bother us. We love corner suites and SC suites 4176, 4181, 5187, 6175 are still available.

What are your thoughts? :)

How was the aft suite in the Eurodam (I am considering 4176 for a future cruise)?

Hope not to be repetitive since I also posted on cabin/stateroom thread, but want as much input as possible. DH and I are booked in SB7132 for Nov 13 cruise and would love photos or thoughts on this suite. We were initially booked in SA, but loved the wraparound aft balcony. Any advice would be great. We aren't sensitive to motion and love the outdoors. Thanks!

• 10 months later...
We're looking at SC aft cabins for an August transatlantic. We love sun. Would love to hear anyones thoughts on which would be better for us. Thanks so much.

Brian

this is a transatlantic in August - so I am assuming you are coming back from Europe to the States??? that's important.

Port and starboard receive sun on the different transatlantics.

Both of these aft cabins are more on the starboard side so general rule of thumb is port side gets more sun coming back (from Europe) and starboard side gets more sun (going to Europe).

the amount of sun you will get also depends upon how much cover you will have on your verandah of our aft cabin. If you are coming back, I think I would be opting for an SA or SB on the port side. JMO :)

Hopefully there are more out there that have had aft cabins on a transatlantic and can shed more light - for a transatlantic, we prefer to be more mid ship just in case King Neptune frowns;)

Archived