Doctor on Oosterdam

luke

My wife and I were on the 12-12 cruise and she came down with a lung infection (by the way, if you have allergies or asthma you might want to stay away from Amerisuites in Lauderdale.... they are renovating and all new carpet smell is over powering )that pushed her over the edge. Well, we went down to the infirmary and were met by one of the most competent nerses I have ever met. My wife knew what was wrong and met with the Doctor and told him how it was treated in the past, (this is common with asthma sufferers) and prescribed the meds some on the spot and some dispatched to our room within the hour. Then they called a number of times to see how she was doing......it was excellent and we were very impressed.

Hi

I had to be seen on the Volendam in Nov of 2003 for an allergic skin rash. I was first seen by the crew physician and then by the ship's physician. I thought the treatment and service was great, and the charges not more than I would pay back home.

Glad it went well.

They rotate the doctors for cruise passengers in a similar manner as the Priests/Ministers. I think the one on our cruise was from Chicago and was a cardiologist. Correct me if I'm wrong John & Marc. Ours departed when we did as it was the end of his contract (which was somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks). The Crew's physician is on year round.

Archived