Passion Island Escape by Catamaran

frito58

I see this offered from RCI have read a couple of conflicting things on where it leaves from. I was wondering if anyone has taking it recently and could give me a review and a good answer. We have been to Passion so I know how nice it is. We have large group going and was looking for something as convenient as possible

I've been waiting for a reply to your question as well....

We are headed out on our Western Carib. cruise on the Liberty of the Seas on Sunday 6/20. We already have the Isla Pasion by Catamaran booked. I was hoping for just a little more info ahead of time.

When I get back, I'll let you know how it went!

• 2 weeks later...

So Amanda how was it:) Do you board right there or have to bus to catch the catamaran. If you bus how long of a ride and does it have AC. I figure the island part is the same as in the buffet and the bar . Hope you had a great time.

I knew you'd be waiting right here for me!!!

Let me just begin by telling you this was our favorite excursion of the week. If you are looking for relaxation, this is it.

When you walk down the pier in Cozumel, you'll enter into a shopping plaza. Just off to the right, past a few stores you'll see a covered tented area. This is where you'll meet your guide.

It was raining when we arrived, and we met Alejandro (Alex) who informed us they were running behind due to wanting to give the Princess passengers their 5 hours worth. So he told us to meet him back at the tented area at 115, to leave at 130. Our tour online said it would be at 1100, but when boarding the ship, we were notified of the change to 100.

From there, we walked back towards the pier, but instead of going onto our pier, we turned right and went onto a smaller pier and directly onto our katamaran. This is a large metal kat, with an upper and lower deck.

We sat up top on the ride there (about 50 minutes).

Upon arrival to Isla Pasion, the kat pulled up onto the sand and you walked the plank down to the beach. This would be impossible for anyone needing a wheelchair as this plank is barely a person wide. You walk through the sand, past the Corona palm trees where a lady will want to take your picture to sell to you later. Just ignore her, you can go there anytime after as she goes away. You'll walk past the bathrooms, and through the vendor area to the large hut where the open bar and buffet are. Alex will give you a quick talk about the things offered and then off you go.

We only had 50 people on the island so it was pretty isolated. We swam and some did the trampoline in the water. There are patio chairs and tables away from the water, and pretty cool formed loungers near the water. They are a tad hard to get out of.

The open bar includes rum punch, tap beer, passion island punch (alcohol), tequila sunrise, and more tequila drinks. Also soda, water cooler water. Coronas were extra, go figure....

The buffet was ok. The salad was wilted and only red vinegar or oil for dressings. Chicken, mahi mahi, and mexican rice and watermelon and mexican cookies. Guacamole and chips too. I'm not one for mexican food so the chicken and watermelon were ok for me.

They gave us eactly 3 hours on the island, there was massages for 35 dollars, a cash bar, vendors and hair braiding. If you feel a need to spend money.

On the way back, tropical storm Alex was kicking up some goods waves and lightening and thunder were all about the kat. That was a very memorable ride, fun and the pilot of the boat did a wonderful job getting us back. We were back to the pier in 35 minutes flat, as I think the engines were full throttle as they were more worried than any of them looked about the storm.

We were back to the pier at 615 and we had time to shop as Royal Carib had extended our time in port to 730. Cute shops and good deals on souveniers. Do not go upstairs. They get you into one of their little shops and won't let you out. Lesson learned. They may tell you prices are better, but I paid 12.00 for a toy, just so I could leave, and walked past the same toy downstairs for 4.00. When I got on the ship, I noticed my toy said Costa Maya! Oh-well... all is good and I have a story to tell. Got some good deals on silver jewelry and tshirts for 5.00.

Just to the left when you enter the shopping area is a "chemist" or drugstore. They have all kinds of biodegradable sunscreen for 105.00 pesos (8.50 american) but isla pasion employees never even looked at what we were all using. Don't worry yourself running about your hometown trying to find some.

I think I told you everything.... if not ask away!

You know it :D

I am so glad it leaves directly from the pier , that makes it so much easier.

We will be counting the days, I am going to book it as soon as RCI will let me LOL. Thanks so much for getting back with me, I cant believe they changed your port time to accomadate you that was great. We will be having a wedding there so I think it work out great. Thanks again

Is it only RCL that offers the catamaran to Passion Isle? My husband and I took the Twister Boat last Sept and are going to take our 7 year old daughter on it in a couple of weeks. However, my mom and sister would like to go, too, but they can't do the Twister boat? Anyone have any ideas???

Yes , as far as I know. You can get there by private car if you use an outside vendor. Go to this is cozumel dot com. We used them last year they did a nice job . We went by jeep. I would not suggest it though , kind of a rough ride. then they put you in a little john boat and take you over to the island.

We're going to find a taxi when we arrive and go straight to the north of Cozumel to take the short boat ride across to Passion island. We've booked tickets for the boat ride and Passion Island etrance online with a travel website for $45 each.

They told us the taxi from the cruise terminal will cost abut $25 each way for up to 4, so we figure it'll cost the 4 of us $230 in total ($58 each) and we get to go directly there without messing about with waiting for groups or speedboats.

For a larger group maybe you could get a better rate per person on the taxi too...?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, I am so sold on this excursion. I need to get two chairs, one table and a bucket of Corona's and have our friends take a picture of us sitting there on the beach... just like those Corona commercials.

SO.. we WANT to purchase the Twister Boat ride to get there and I don't see this offered as a Carnival excursion.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I went to "tourcozumel.com" last night and although there was plenty of information on the trip, when you go to book it it says "no longer available"

Please help!!

Okay, I am so sold on this excursion. I need to get two chairs, one table and a bucket of Corona's and have our friends take a picture of us sitting there on the beach... just like those Corona commercials.

SO.. we WANT to purchase the Twister Boat ride to get there and I don't see this offered as a Carnival excursion.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I went to "tourcozumel.com" last night and although there was plenty of information on the trip, when you go to book it it says "no longer available"

Please help!!

DO NOT use them they are crooks they have screwed a lot of people ot of there money.

Not sure on the twister thing we booked through this is cozumel dot com last year did the jeep thing had a blast. Ian will take good care of you.

Are you sure you cant get it through Carnival? We were on the Glory last year and friends of ours met us there and they were on the twister.

Archived