Another liquor question!!??

mkend

Hi, I was going to order myself a bottle of coconut rum from the Princess website. Will it be in my room when I get on board? For $22.00 what size bottle is it? It doesn't seen worth smuggling a bottle on if I can order one and have it right away. I will bring my pina colada mix and my Hawaiin Punch and I'm all set!! Thanks for your help. Marge

They might have coupons for you to call and redeem through room service for your booze. I didn't like that wanting it waiting for us when we walked in the door but I can see how they'd be concerned that someone would come in and take it before we got there. Turns out it was not a bad idea as we also ordered some bar supplies at the same time, all were delivered promptly.

• 6 years later...
If you wait until you board, the same liter of coconut rum is $20 from room service. Why they charge more when you pre-order is beyond me. :eek:

When did they start selling full one L bottles again? I thought all you could get were the 375 ml setups? I just checked their websitte and all they list are the 375 ml setups at a ridiculous price.

Nope, from my memory... official policies and not weaselling around what the cruise contract says or does not say

Carnival = 1 wine or champagne bottle per person upon embarkation only & corkage if in DRs or Bars, no room service hard alcohol

Princess = 1 wine or champagne bottle per person per port & corkage if in DRs or Bars, room service 375ml bottles of vodka, rum etc for approx $22

RCCL = None upon embarkation, in port or by room service

NCL = 1 wine or champagne bottle per person upon embarkation only & corkage upon boarding regardless of where consumed, none by room service

HAL = As much wine or champagne as you want upon embarkation or per port & corkage if in DRs or Bars, room service 1 litre bottles of vodka, rum etc for approx $26

Frequent cruisers, and for other lines please update as required

• 2 months later...

Would someone please clarify a question....

If I buy a bottle on board, can I take it back to my cabin and consume there? I am taking liquor-gin etc.

I do know that princess will confiscate liquor purchased on shore and save for the end of the trip, but what about purchased on board?

Thanks all!

Would someone please clarify a question....

If I buy a bottle on board, can I take it back to my cabin and consume there? I am taking liquor-gin etc.

I do know that princess will confiscate liquor purchased on shore and save for the end of the trip, but what about purchased on board?

Thanks all!

If you make a purchase on board they will hold it till the last day but if you buy something at one of the ports most times you can just walk right by the check-in desk, especially when it gets busy in the afternoons. Unless you return with a box filled with bottles no one will give you a second glance and even then if you just casually walk up the stairs you'll be good to go.

Thanks. I appreciate your reply- must have been asked lots of times!

I understand that you can buy 375ml liquor gifts and also from room service ( both of which can be consumed in cabin).

Russ

It's supposed to be but use a little discretion & you'll be fine no matter where the liquor comes from.

Archived