Conrad DT Miami..

tab1220

Tab1220--Suggest you try TripAdvisor*com. It's where we go to suss out all the hotels. It's also a great place to get ideas for excursions and activities in port.:)

p.s. How good of a deal are you being offered and for what date(s)? :confused:

I have been checking out information on the Conrad also.

Not much infomation on these broads.

It is 2.5 miles from the POM.

It is 1.5 miles from Bayside.

Last review on TripAdvisor is from 2006:eek:

LMT has it for $ 95.00 for the week I am looking at in April.

I am still waiting to see if I can find something closer to Bayside.

We stayed here May 2009. Free with hilton points for us. A steal at $95! Bathrooms were huge with full glass windows, seperate tub and shower, marble. We had a corner room that was average for a nicer hotel. Flat screen TV of course. I think there was free internet access in the lobby.

It's a little hard to get to the pool, it's in another building so you go down and up but wasn't really a big deal. Pool beds were great.

We walked to Brickell Village for dinner and felt safe. The morning before the cruise we walked to a publix for water, etc. Mortons steak house is across the street to the north. Cafe for breakfast to the south across the street.

There is another building blocking some of the view of the water. We walked down to the water in the a.m. but not at night.

Very close to the port. We have stayed at the Hilton and Hyatt downtown and this place was so much better then those. We would stay here again especially for that rate.

reno3--Set the reviews on Tripadvisor to sort by date. The most current date should come up first, and you'll find reviews dated October 7,8,and 9 2010. Recent reviews look pretty good, and $95 sounds like a very good rate. I checked early April and rates were in the $200+ range.

Good luck! ;)

We stayed here May 2009. Free with hilton points for us. A steal at $95! Bathrooms were huge with full glass windows, seperate tub and shower, marble. We had a corner room that was average for a nicer hotel. Flat screen TV of course. I think there was free internet access in the lobby.

It's a little hard to get to the pool, it's in another building so you go down and up but wasn't really a big deal. Pool beds were great.

We walked to Brickell Village for dinner and felt safe. The morning before the cruise we walked to a publix for water, etc. Mortons steak house is across the street to the north. Cafe for breakfast to the south across the street.

There is another building blocking some of the view of the water. We walked down to the water in the a.m. but not at night.

Very close to the port. We have stayed at the Hilton and Hyatt downtown and this place was so much better then those. We would stay here again especially for that rate.

Thanks, I think I am going to book it:D

reno3--Set the reviews on Tripadvisor to sort by date. The most current date should come up first, and you'll find reviews dated October 7,8,and 9 2010. Recent reviews look pretty good, and $95 sounds like a very good rate. I checked early April and rates were in the $200+ range.

Good luck! ;)

Thanks, I don't know why the most recent ones did not show up first:confused:

I go on TA all the time and never had that happen. I will have to remember to always do that:)

I am still waiting to see if I can find something closer to Bayside.

Have you been able to determine if the Intercontinental is showing up? This hotel is a very short walk along the water to Bayside. We walked over for dinner our last stay.

IC is not listed on LMT yet:cool:

Sorry, yes it is listed for $167.00, still too much for me:(

I still haven't booked yet, (I do have the HIPOM booked through the hotel itself $$$) DH and DS keep telling me to just book the Conrad and cancel the HI.

Oh wow! I just saw this! Thanks guys for responding.

I booked the Conrad dates: 12/30-1/1 total with tax was $309.94

After the cruise, I booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay total with tax. $148.51

These were both booked on Lastminutetravel

We will be flying into FLL since airfare is cheape,r then taking SAS shuttle into Miami http://www.ridesas.com/

Hope this helps anyone traveling around this time and this route! :D

Sorry, yes it is listed for $167.00, still too much for me:(

I still haven't booked yet, (I do have the HIPOM booked through the hotel itself $$$) DH and DS keep telling me to just book the Conrad and cancel the HI.

Good lord dump the HIPOM AND the Intercontinental and book the Conrad!! It is one of the nicest hotels in the state!!

Let's be honest here, Cruisers are too cheap to book the Conrad which is why you find very few reviews on here or TA for the Conrad.

You can easily book a room in the Conrad for what an entire cruise costs.

Ditto with any luxury hotels in South Florida. You'll find reviews all day long for the worst hotels possible but not the luxury hotels.

Good lord dump the HIPOM AND the Intercontinental and book the Conrad!! It is one of the nicest hotels in the state!!

Let's be honest here, Cruisers are too cheap to book the Conrad which is why you find very few reviews on here or TA for the Conrad.

You can easily book a room in the Conrad for what an entire cruise costs.

Ditto with any luxury hotels in South Florida. You'll find reviews all day long for the worst hotels possible but not the luxury hotels.

Thanks, DH is always right:rolleyes::p

I will cancel HI tonight and book the Conrad.

I'd stay at the Conrad over the IC any damn day of the week. Also, Mary Brickell Villiage is a lovely little area. Try Perricones, lunch in the garden is so metropolitain.

Skip Bayside. There's nothing there worth going out of your way for. I'm not even sure there's anything there I'd go to even if it was at the end of my driveway!

Wow...so happy to have found this thread for my precruise stay in Nov.

I'm presently booked at Marriott Biscayne Bay for $134(renovation special deal) via the Marriott website and after reading great reviews and rates for IC checked Lastminutetravel. No IC for my dates but Conrad came up for $117, not the low $95 mentioned previously on this thread but less than the Marriott.

Guessing I should book it?:o

Archived