Identification Questions

cohollywood

Hi all - hoping you can ease my fears! I am sailing on Glory on 2-6. I honestly don't really have the $$$ to order my passport or my son's. Here's my question...

My birth certificate is obviously in my maiden name. My ID in my married name. My passport in my maiden name. Cruise booked in my married name. If I bring all of those things will I be okay? Should I bring my marriage certificate?

My son is 4. He'll be fine with just a birth certificate right? He doesn't have a photo ID other than a school ID.

Thanks all!

Which name is your cruise booked in? If married name, you obviously need your license as ID, if you can locate your marriage certificate, it would be a good idea to bring. More times than not, they don't even ask, BUT you don't want the one time to be with you.

Yes, for your son, just his birth certificate.

Hi all - hoping you can ease my fears! I am sailing on Glory on 2-6. I honestly don't really have the $$$ to order my passport or my son's. Here's my question...

My birth certificate is obviously in my maiden name. My ID in my married name. My passport in my maiden name. Cruise booked in my married name. If I bring all of those things will I be okay? Should I bring my marriage certificate?

My son is 4. He'll be fine with just a birth certificate right? He doesn't have a photo ID other than a school ID.

Thanks all!

Which name is your cruise booked in? If married name, you obviously need your license as ID, if you can locate your marriage certificate, it would be a good idea to bring. More times than not, they don't even ask, BUT you don't want the one time to be with you.

Yes, for your son, just his birth certificate.

.....;)

I am in same situation. I had renewed my passport just before wedding (so could have for honeymoon cruise). The first year after the wedding, you can change passport free, but I just never got around to it. After that, I wasn't going to pay them the fee again just to change my name...and the expiration date would not change! So, I always carry my marraige license. The last time, they changed the name on my booking (at the port) to the name on my passport though..... Passport expires in May, so will finally get it changed.....

Thanks all!

Carnival requires your marriage license:

Names on Travel Documentation

It is important that the guest’s full name on cruise and airline tickets be the same as the guest’s non-expired government-issued photo ID they plan to use for travel identification. Sinceour reservation systems do not accept middle names, the middle name must be included during the Check-In (FunPass) process. In the event of a different name, as a result of a marriage, divorce or a legal name change, documentation supporting this change is required such as a marriage certificate, marriage license or legal name change court document.

Your son will be fine with what you currently have...

:)

I use my maiden name as my middle "married" name...so it's on both my birth certificate AND my driver's license...no marriage certificate needed, for me.

No married woman's name will be the same as her BC says....all they really look at is the birth date.

I use my maiden name as my middle "married" name...so it's on both my birth certificate AND my driver's license...no marriage certificate needed, for me.

No married woman's name will be the same as her BC says....all they really look at is the birth date.

Since it's never happened to CB,,,, CB will offer to fully reimburse anyone who is denied boarding due to name and identity not matching.

• 3 weeks later...

I called Carnival today to ask this question (what indentification to bring for passport in maiden name, booking and driver's license in married name) and was told to bring the following to the port:

- passport

- driver's license

- COPY of marriage certificate (I called back with another person to confirm this)

...just FYI travelers with multiple names! :)

FYI for anyone with multiple names ALWAYS BOOK USING THE NAME ON YOUR PASSPORT!!! That's all that matters so that's what you should book with.

I changed my passport to my married name but did not change it back after my divorce to my maiden name even though I did elect to change it back. So I book all travel using my married name and even kept a credit card in my married name to make reservations with. I've never had a problem.

However, once someone booked a trip for me using my maiden name and I was told this was a problem so I just called up the airline (in this case) and changed the last name. I was not charged a fee for this. So my suggestion for the OP- just call Carnival and change the last name.

ETA: Security on cruise lines seems to lax to me that you can probably get away without even bringing your marriage license with you. But for airline flight you always have to have your ticket match your passport or ID. So in general it's wise to just always get used to booking travel under the name on your passport.

Host Mach is correct on both, but I would reccomend going to your local license branch and getting a state ID for your child.

It's about 10 bucks and all you need is the birth certificate. It is a great piece of ID for them at the airport or if there was an emergency. With the State ID the basic info is already in the system.

I got ours for our kids when they were 18 months old for their first cruise.

Archived