Quad cabin balcony Grand Princess

san diego sue

WE have a BA guarantee on the Grand Princess and was assigned cabin C526. Turns out it is a quad and information on our booking says lower beds can only be twin configuration.We don't need the upper bunks

since there are just two of us. Do the bunks go into the ceiling or in the wall? I just read a thread regarding Crown inside cabin where they came out of the wall and people kept knocking their heads on them.

Anyone stay on the Grand on Caribe deck balcony cabin and know the answer.

I did a search and found thread regarding this but didn't answer question specific to this ship and Caribe deck.

Thank you

Balcony cabins will have 3rd/4th bunks that recess into the ceiling. Insides and OV's have them attached to the wall.

The booking info on all GTY bookings will initially say twin configuration as they don't know which room you will be booked into, and some of them do not convert. C526 on the Grand is not one of the marked non-converting rooms.

If you will only use the two lowers, then you can have the room steward arrange the beds in a queen configuration, no problem at all with that as long as the beds can be moved. Just mention it to him when you board, and he will take care of it that evening when making up the stateroom.

As for if they go up in the ceiling or come out of the wall? I have no idea, it sometimes depends on the cabin you are assigned it seems. But NORMALLY with a balcony cabin, they would come out of the ceiling. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the speedy responses. My travel agent tried to go into the booking and change it to Queen and couldn't. There is a very specific wording on the booking now that says twin beds, can't convert to Queen.

Also says no nightstands. This is really weird. I was envisioning floating beds or something very weird. So I was hopeful someone stayed in cabins like these on Grand or sister ships . My cabin is C526.

Can't change cabins as none available in BA . I would go down to BB but prices are increased since we booked and would have to pay higher prices.

WE have a BA guarantee on the Grand Princess and was assigned cabin C526. Turns out it is a quad and information on our booking says lower beds can only be twin configuration.We don't need the upper bunks

since there are just two of us. Do the bunks go into the ceiling or in the wall? I just read a thread regarding Crown inside cabin where they came out of the wall and people kept knocking their heads on them.

Anyone stay on the Grand on Caribe deck balcony cabin and know the answer.

I did a search and found thread regarding this but didn't answer question specific to this ship and Caribe deck.

Thank you

Well, we had a quad Caribe balcony on the Crown Princess and the bunks dropped from the ceiling (they were flush with the ceiling and didn't intrude into the room at all!). When the beds were down, the bottom bed, of course, has to be in the twin configuration. I'd think that if there are only two of you, they can be pushed together to form a queen. Hope this helps a bit... I'd hope that the Grand-class ships were basically the same concerning room configurations...

Thanks for the speedy responses. My travel agent tried to go into the booking and change it to Queen and couldn't. There is a very specific wording on the booking now that says twin beds, can't convert to Queen.

Also says no nightstands. This is really weird. I was envisioning floating beds or something very weird. So I was hopeful someone stayed in cabins like these on Grand or sister ships . My cabin is C526.

Can't change cabins as none available in BA . I would go down to BB but prices are increased since we booked and would have to pay higher prices.

I am a bit concerned that the booking also says 'no nitestands' as there are a few cabins that can not be converted to a queen. I will see if I can find out if C526 happens to be one of them and come back to this thread if I can find out anything concrete.

Edited, I did a search and can't seem to find any negative things said about C526, and normally, if it were one of those cabins that can't conform to a queen no matter what, someone has posted about it. But I find nothing. So, I would guess it will be fine and you will be able to have the room steward convert the beds to a queen configuration. No promises, but it looks to be possible.

• 8 months later...

Hi Sue!

we are booked in this cabin for next January, can you tell us about it? Can we make the twins in to the queen and still pull down one additional bunk? We cant seem to get an answer from cruise people...

thanks!

Deb

• 2 months later...

We are just back from the Grand and were in cabin C526, you indeed can't put the beds together. the bunks are in the ceiling and and you could just pull one down. There is a fair bit of space and you are about mid ship so that is good. If you need any more info just email me at jehfrh at cogeco dot ca. Fiona

We are just back from the Grand and were in cabin C526, you indeed can't put the beds together. the bunks are in the ceiling and and you could just pull one down.
Just for clarification: are you saying that there were only two of you (no 3rd or 4th) passenger in the cabin) and the beds couldn't be put together? Or, are you saying that you had a 3rd person using the bunk and the beds couldn't be out together? The former doesn't make sense, the latter is what I would expect.

I have a note in my cruise "stuff" that reminds me NOT to book the following cabins on the Grand: 431, 433, 429,428,430,431. I can't remember why I once made this notation. I'm guessing it may be because of the very problem the OP stated with her/his cabin. Anyone know why I once made this note to myself???

Pam,

That was the cabin I was suppose to have but was able to switch out.

There are no nightstands and the beds can only be twin configuration,

no matter whether you use the uppers or not. There are several cabins on the Grand like that. You are warned when you book these cabins, it will say it right on the booking.

Archived