Century was terrific 1/29/05

rickechambers1@aol.com

Just wanted to add my two cents regarding all of the talk regarding Century. Of the ten cruises I have taken thus far, this was my favorite. The ship was beautiful, the staff was gracious, food was excellent. I had no issues with the condition of the ship. I have previously sailed on Celebrity's Mercury, Galaxy, and Infinity. Mercury is probably still my favorite overall ship with Century a close second. It just had a great 'feel' about it. Personally, I thought it to be in MUCH better condition than Galaxy.

The Royal Suite looked almost new. It was beautiful. The Royal Suite we had on Galaxy didn't compare. This time we were impressed. The hardwood floors shined, the balcony was freshly painted, and the layout, while similar, was much nicer. AND...we were so lucky to have the same Butler that we had on Galaxy, Efrin. He is a true professional that takes exceptional care of you.

The Captain's Club hostess, Tiffany, is absolutely awesome. She had a lot to do with the great time that we had.

I will long remember what a wonderful ship this is and cannot wait to sail aboard Century in the future!

For those who are sailing on her in the near future, ENJOY!

Hi Rick:D ...glad to hear it!!! Cannot wait to sail her again......

Are you going to post a bit of review? Or will it be "Question and Answers" instead?

Thanks!

Rick,

with your new two cents and my two cents on our great Century trip at months start, we've started a fund of $.04 (so far in '05) that the Century is a great cruise experience. How many others will ante up? C'mon, break into your kids' piggybank.

Hi Rick !

So glad to hear you had a great time on Century. It is also a pleasure to hear so many positive Century reviews of late. Looks like the Century is right back where she belongs !

Rick thanks for the great report. Am curious as to your cabin number. Last May we had RS1029 on Century and in a little over a week will have RS1028. We changed to be on the starboard side.

Anyway, very very happy that you had a great time on our favorite elegant lady.

We were in cabin 1041. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

We ate in our cabin each evening but one. That night we had dinner with the Captain in the dining room. That was a great experience. The Captain only eats dinner in the dining room one time so we were very privilaged to have been asked. Our tablemates were very charming.

We did utilize the spa and I had my first massage which will not be my last. :)

Let me know if anyone has any specifics.

Rick

Rick --

Hey there! Glad to see you posting on CruiseCritic. We met briefly aboard Galaxy during the March repo from SJU-BWI. Hope all is well.

Since we all live in the area, all four of us should get together sometime for dinner downtown or whatever.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise. Century is still on my "to do" list with the Celebrity fleet.

Archived