Amsterdam Manor

watermusic101

Can anyone confirm the details for a day pass at Amsterdam Manor? I have read various prices from $6-$18 pp. Also conflicting information as to whether you go straight to Amsterdam Manor and pay or pay someone on the beach. Also to be clear does it include chairs, towels and use of wash rooms?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I emailed them last week...there is no day pass fee. It is $10.00 to rent a chair and towel on the beach.

Just walk on the beach and an attendant will help.

We will be there next week on the Caribbean Princess.

OOOOOOOOOOH Please post a review and pics if possible. We are planning on going there (eagle beach) in september for our cruise.

:D

We were there the first part of February on the Grand Princess. It was a great beach with sun and shade. The beach was not crowded. We took the local bus from downtown bus depot for about $5.00 round trip per person. We rented a chair and towels for $10.00. You can walk across the street and use their pool. It is a nice resort with suite rooms. We went to Eagle beach the year before and it was crowded. I would go back to Amsterdam Manor.

Can anyone confirm the details for a day pass at Amsterdam Manor? I have read various prices from $6-$18 pp. Also conflicting information as to whether you go straight to Amsterdam Manor and pay or pay someone on the beach. Also to be clear does it include chairs, towels and use of wash rooms?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

We just returned from our cruise and spent the day on Eagle Beach across from Amsterdam Manor. We took a bus to the beach $2.60 round trip. The bus lets you off right on the beach across the street from Amsterdam Manor. Walk onto the beach and when facing the bar,go to the right, you will see chairs and umbrellas for rent. I think it was $15 for two chairs and umbrella. There is plenty of shade. They also supply a towel. There is a restaurant and beach bar there. Take cash as they will only accept credit cards for purchases over $20. The only facilities we saw were portable toilets (Johnny on the Spot) right near the bar. There were attendants cleaning them every hour. They also had changing rooms available. Eagle Beach is less crowded than Palm Beach, enjoy!!!!!

• 4 months later...
We just returned from our cruise and spent the day on Eagle Beach across from Amsterdam Manor. We took a bus to the beach $2.60 round trip. The bus lets you off right on the beach across the street from Amsterdam Manor. Walk onto the beach and when facing the bar,go to the right, you will see chairs and umbrellas for rent. I think it was $15 for two chairs and umbrella. There is plenty of shade. They also supply a towel. There is a restaurant and beach bar there. Take cash as they will only accept credit cards for purchases over $20. The only facilities we saw were portable toilets (Johnny on the Spot) right near the bar. There were attendants cleaning them every hour. They also had changing rooms available. Eagle Beach is less crowded than Palm Beach, enjoy!!!!!

Can we guarantee to get beach towels or should we take ours anyway, just in case. We'd hate to get there only to find towels are not available. :eek:

Thanks!

Can we guarantee to get beach towels or should we take ours anyway, just in case. We'd hate to get there only to find towels are not available. :eek:

Thanks!

IF you can get a day pass at the Amsterdam Manor you will be able to get a towel.

Have an alternate plan just in case the day passes at the Amsterdam Manor are sold out or unavailable.

For your alternate plan, if it were me, I would carry a beach towel just in case.

If the Amsterdam Manor is sold out or unavailable, what other choices are nearby for a day pass. Will be in Aruba October 7 on the Island Princess and looking for a relaxing beach day.

Any comments on the Moomba Beach Club, is it on Eagle Beach?

Thanks.

Any comments on the Moomba Beach Club, is it on Eagle Beach?

Thanks.

No MoomBa is on Palm beach. There is day pass info in the threads below. Please verify with resorts directly for the most up to date information, pricing and availability.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1161264&highlight=day+passes

Which Aruba resorts offer day passes?

palm beach vs eagle beach

Renaissance Aruba Private Island day pass

Anyone done AI day pass at the Radisson recently?

day passes for resorts

Occidental Aruba Day Pass

Day Pass to Renaissance Aruba Resort

Chairs and umbrellas available for rent on Eagle Beach and Palm Beach?

We always go to AMBR when in Aruba.....it's my absolute favorite beach anywhere! We always go in the summer, so we've never had any problems going there. It may be different in the high season. We were just there last month and it was wonderful as usual. The rental for two chairs and a palapa has gone up since we were there last summer. Last summer it was $12 for two. This summer it was $20 for two. The beer is expensive.....$27 for a bucket of 6.....compared to $15 for a bucket of 6 on the other islands we visited. The food is VERY good and not that expensive. You order at the beach bar and they bring it over and right to your chair. I love this place. Here are some pictures from last month......

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011724.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011729.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011736.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011753.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011751.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011757.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We always go to AMBR when in Aruba.....it's my absolute favorite beach anywhere! We always go in the summer' date=' so we've never had any problems going there. It may be different in the high season. We were just there last month and it was wonderful as usual. The rental for two chairs and a palapa has gone up since we were there last summer. Last summer it was $12 for two. This summer it was $20 for two. The beer is expensive.....$27 for a bucket of 6.....compared to $15 for a bucket of 6 on the other islands we visited. The food is VERY good and not that expensive. You order at the beach bar and they bring it over and right to your chair. I love this place. Here are some pictures from last month......[/size']

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011724.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011729.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011736.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011753.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011751.jpg

SerenadeoftheSeasJune-July2011757.jpg

This is exactly where I want to go on my cruise to Aruba in 2 weeks. Your beautiful pictures seal the deal for me.

• 3 months later...

Amsterdam manor is a hotel in Aruba and the pictures r from the beach in front of the hotel. It really is pretty there. We were there this past November.

We took the bus from the port area, $9.50 or so for all 4 of us return and it was well worth it. The beach was not packed at all. We did order food and it was some of the best wings I've ever had. It really was good. We stayed and watched the sunset. I don't think I need to go anywhere else if I go to Aruba again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We stay in a timeshare two buildings away from Amsterdam Manor. The waves aren't gigantic, but some days they can get fairly good size. There are other days when they are very calm. You just never know. We also go in February, which is one of the most crowded months of the year, a lot more crowded than November. They rent out chairs, etc. when they have space available.

Archived