sea sickness pills

meow!

Thank you all kindly. Bonine is meclizine hydrochloride, the one we are looking for. It is reassuring to know that the ship provides this. It is surprising that it is no longer available at CVS drug stores. Does any of you know why?

Just to add to the previous comments--we were on Regent to AK lately and they had big bowls of candied ginger available everywhere--I wasn't sick, just a little queasy, and it worked for me--you might try that if it's available and you don't want to take meds. (and you like ginger:))

To Meow

I bought some Bonine 2 days ago at our local CVS here in Pennsylvania. They also carry their own CVS brand of the same drug at about half price. I normally take 1 bonine each night at bedtime so that the drowsiness isn't an issue. Each one is good for 24 hours and they do work like magic.

Thank you all kindly. Bonine is meclizine hydrochloride, the one we are looking for. It is reassuring to know that the ship provides this. It is surprising that it is no longer available at CVS drug stores. Does any of you know why?

Hi Meow !

I recently purchased Bonine at the local CVS here in Florida. I'd ask the store manager about the lack of availability.

Thank you all. We will go and buy some ginger. As for bonine, the CVS close to us in California does not have it. Perhaps it is just that store. We will look around, and as others have posted, presumably it is available on the ship.

T As for bonine, the CVS close to us in California does not have it. Perhaps it is just that store.

You might ask them for meclizine! I got them from Long's Drug - which still retains that name (Long's) even though they were bought out by CVS.

We were on Quest last January and experienced Gale force 7 and 8 winds and seas at 40 feet. Ginger and soda crackers were available free of charge at guest relations. My wife bought sea sickness bands onboard at less what than we saw them for sale in the stores. At first I didn't think they would work but they did. Maybe mental, maybe not, but the results were good

We were on Quest last January and experienced Gale force 7 and 8 winds and seas at 40 feet. Ginger and soda crackers were available free of charge at guest relations. My wife bought sea sickness bands onboard at less what than we saw them for sale in the stores. At first I didn't think they would work but they did. Maybe mental, maybe not, but the results were good

I'll second what Arizona Sunshine said. I tend to suffer a little from motion sickness and have found the accupressure sea sickness bands work wonders. While they are not the most attractive things to wear, they have no side effects and unlike some of the medications, you can start using them after you feel ill.

Archived