Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Closed Thread

Old January 19th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Hi!

Let me attempt to clarify.

Copying text from any website has never been allowed. We've had this guideline in place for many many years (since inception, really).

You are allowed to link to other websites as long as the context falls within the rest of our Community Guidelines (example: no advertising, promotion, selling, etc).

You are certainly allowed to link to information, such as what John Heald posts on his blog. I understand that it is difficult to link to individual Facebook posts. However, that is a Facebook functionality issue which I won't apologize for

We do allow links to Facebook pages, as long as they meet our current guidelines. The information posted about Facebook GROUPS on our ROLL CALLS is specific to members who are creating Facebook groups for our ROLL CALLS. That isn't allowed.

Hope this helps,

Laura
Cruise Critic

Follow us on Twitter

Check out thousands of photos in our full-featured Photo Gallery!

Don't miss anything "cruise newsworthy" -- sign up for our weekly newsletter

When your values are clear, your decisions are easy -Roy Disney-

Old January 19th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbgd View Post
Is it to avoid the bickering between FB and CC or CCL's JH and CC??

Damage Control??
I'll be happy to answer this one.

Cruise Critic is not bickering with John Heald or Carnival Cruise Lines at all. We have a great relationship with John and Carnival. Heck, I talk to their Community Manager at least once per week, and when we're in the same city we get together and talk ship! (Sorry couldn't help it).

We're well aware that there are some people who don't like Cruise Critic. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes these people post "in the name of" Cruise Critic. This type of behavior is inherent in the online community world, is expected from time to time and quite frankly, we don't like to waste our time over it.

I just want you all to know that we have a wonderful working relationship with Carnival, and John as well.

Laura
Cruise Critic

Follow us on Twitter

Old January 19th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
Hi!

Copying text from any website has never been allowed. We've had this guideline in place for many many years (since inception, really).

You are allowed to link to other websites as long as the context falls within the rest of our Community Guidelines (example: no advertising, promotion, selling, etc).

You are certainly allowed to link to information, such as what John Heald posts on his blog. I understand that it is difficult to link to individual Facebook posts. However, that is a Facebook functionality issue which I won't apologize for

We do allow links to Facebook pages, as long as they meet our current guidelines. The information posted about Facebook GROUPS on our ROLL CALLS is specific to members who are creating Facebook groups for our ROLL CALLS. That isn't allowed.

Hope this helps,

Laura
Thanks for clarifying, unfortunately this still doesn't say why posts that provided a link to Heald's FB page were deleted - just yesterday, so Im still a bit confused.

Old January 19th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS View Post
Hi!

Hope this helps,

Laura
Copying text is never allowed? I have seen members on here quote JH as if they are quoting the bible. How is that happening so often if it's never been allowed? I don't mind rules as long as one actually enforces them.

Old January 19th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave994 View Post
Copying text is never allowed? I have seen members on here quote JH as if they are quoting the bible. How is that happening so often if it's never been allowed? I don't mind rules as long as one actually enforces them.
We're not perfect; but we're working toward ensuring our guidelines are followed. Hence, the reason for this posting.

As always, we appreciate the help of our members. If you see something, feel free to use the Report a Post icon in the upper right hand corner of each posting.
Cruise Critic

Follow us on Twitter

Old January 19th, 2012, 02:34 PM
LoveMyBoxer

Great, thank you for the information and clarification. So in other words, this is NOT allowed:

Old January 19th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

LoveMyBoxer:

After checking turns out that text cannot be found using a simple GOOGLE search. Seems likely to be from an email. Correctly posted (small portion of text) along with a link to the balance of the information on the respective website.

Again, please use the REPORT A POST icon if there is something you'd like us to review.

Laura
Cruise Critic

Follow us on Twitter

Old January 19th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdamion View Post
Thanks for clarifying, unfortunately this still doesn't say why posts that provided a link to Heald's FB page were deleted - just yesterday, so Im still a bit confused.
And finally, I reviewed the post in question and have re-released it. It is now accessible on the Carnival forum.
Cruise Critic

Follow us on Twitter

Closed Thread