Mariner Drydock, whats she having done?

welshrich

There are a few enhancements being made.

Big screen on pool deck, Portofinos into Giovannis Table. Park Cafe. Hot Dog Sand. Starbucks. Refitting lighting and sound gear in theatre/studio b/lounges.

Park Cafe, great, we are sailing on her TA in November so if its like the Oasis park cafe I can have the roast beef sandwich.

Dry dock from Apr 22 to May 1. Actually her last cruise ends on April 22 in Galveston and after all passengers disembark she set sail for Freeport which will take about 2 days to reach.Lot of work will start as soon as all passengers are gone. She sails on May 1 out of Miami for her transatlantic. So max 7 days in dry dock.

Big screen on pool deck, Portofinos into Giovannis Table.

20.creation.jpg

Where does this information come from?

I am booked on the 1st May transatlantic and I can get into the reservation and book Portofinos :rolleyes: There is no mention of Giovanni's Table

None of these new venues will be added during this next drydock. Voyager class ships are scheuled for the "revitalization" (adding items from Oasis) sometime in 2013 - 2014.

The upcoming drydock is a normal "clean the hull" effort.

Just came off the Mariner on Jan 29. The Captain told us at his "Captain's Corner" that the big screen TV by the pool would be added as well as Portofinos would be converted to Giovanni's Table. He said a few other enhancements were still be discussed.

Just came off the Mariner on Jan 29. The Captain told us at his "Captain's Corner" that the big screen TV by the pool would be added as well as Portofinos would be converted to Giovanni's Table. He said a few other enhancements were still be discussed.

You got off when Captain Per Kristoffersen also went on his holiday. If he said it's happening......he is now the senior captain, and Captain Flemming is his reliever.

So, if Per said these changes are scheduled.....they will happen.

However, the major changes will happen either next year or the year following.......when there is a major overhaul of the Mariner.

Rick

Big screen on pool deck, Portofinos into Giovannis Table. Park Cafe. Hot Dog Sand. Starbucks. Refitting lighting and sound gear in theatre/studio b/lounges.

Being as we are on the post-DD Transatlantic I have been watching this subject closely for almost a year. This is the first I've seen about the major venu changes. There have been multiple reports of the big screen on the pool deck but none, other than in this thread, about Protofino changing to Giovanni's Table. As with the Radiance extensive refurbishment I thought that move was only being done as part of the Royal Advantage program of upgrades. All other reports for this upcoming drydock visit are that is it very minor and mostly a chance to inspect and paint below the waterline before heading to the Med. I'm wondering if the comments by the Captain where referencing the future RA upgrades.

Being as we are on the post-DD Transatlantic I have been watching this subject closely for almost a year. This is the first I've seen about the major venu changes. There have been multiple reports of the big screen on the pool deck but none, other than in this thread, about Protofino changing to Giovanni's Table. As with the Radiance extensive refurbishment I thought that move was only being done as part of the Royal Advantage program of upgrades. All other reports for this upcoming drydock visit are that is it very minor and mostly a chance to inspect and paint below the waterline before heading to the Med. I'm wondering if the comments by the Captain where referencing the future RA upgrades.

Don't forget a lot was done during Freedom and Liberty one week dry dock last year!

These items are confirmed by RCL office. Plus they had people on during the cruise on 22nd doing an inspection for the changes.

As well as the usual 'clean the hull' they will be re-attaching the stabilisers they removed recently to send to Finland for repair.

There is no "major" dry dock scheduled for 2013-14 for Mariner. Some of the other VY class may be going to DD around then, but Mariner is done for another 5 years after April

Don't forget, Royal Caribbean has stated that the Royal Advantage enhancements for Mariner of the Seas will NOT occur in 2012. Here is what is posted by Royal Caribbean:

2013_2014_royal_advantage_schedule.jpg

Legend of the Seas

Vision of the Seas

Brilliance of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas*

Enchantment of the Seas*

Independence of the Seas*

* Less extensive enhancements planned.

Sure seems to be a major dry dock scheduled sometime in 2013-2014 according to the Royal Advantage page........

As you nicely point out MA is scheduled for 'Less Extensive Enhancements'

Do you really think RCL are going to spend the money for a 2nd dry dock less than 2 years after they just have one? No, they wont. Dry docks are very expensive times not just in repairs and equipment changes but also they are losing 9 days profit by not having passengers onboard. Plus the crew (and contractors) still need paying.

They will not be fitting ALL ships with the complete 'Royal Advantage' they need to leave some differentiation in the fleet.

Do you really think RCL are going to spend the money for a 2nd dry dock less than 2 years after they just have one?

Yes, I do. Because that is what has been scheduled at this point. If I see something in print (from RCI) stating differently, then I'll change my mind. There are no Royal Advantage upgrades currently scheduled for Mariner prior to 2013 at the earliest.

These items are confirmed by RCL office. Plus they had people on during the cruise on 22nd doing an inspection for the changes.

As well as the usual 'clean the hull' they will be re-attaching the stabilisers they removed recently to send to Finland for repair.

There is no "major" dry dock scheduled for 2013-14 for Mariner. Some of the other VY class may be going to DD around then, but Mariner is done for another 5 years after April

Wasn't it the Navigator that had the stabilizers removed?

Archived