Mariner Drydock, whats she having done?

welshrich

New Diamond Lounge on deck 11 - Does that mean that Diamond and Diamond Plus are now in the space together - the space that was so crowded with just Diamond + that you could not find a seat? :confused:

We have just returned from the transatlantic sailing on the Mariner.

The new Diamond lounge is located on deck 14 behind the Viking Crown lounge. On our cruise, suite guests and Diamond Plus were allocated the Viking Crown Lounge (Ellingtons) for early evening drinks. The Diamond Lounge was for Diamond members only. There were quite a lot of them on this cruise, but this is probably because it was a transatlantic.

The new Diamond lounge is located on deck 14 behind the Viking Crown lounge. On our cruise, suite guests and Diamond Plus were allocated the Viking Crown Lounge (Ellingtons) for early evening drinks. The Diamond Lounge was for Diamond members only. There were quite a lot of them on this cruise, but this is probably because it was a transatlantic.

Whew! I was imagining Suite, Diamond Plus, and Diamond cruisers all jammed into the Viking Crown - nightmare! Thanks for the info.

Feeling sorry for myself....when do I get anything as an "emerald" member? OK, OK...I got higher than platinum earlier than I would have on the previous system, but now I have to wait 2 ENTIRE extra cruises (which is 4 more RCI cruises) to get into the proverbial Diamond Lounge. I guess I could book a suite and get there quicker but well, I'm poor--even though I run the bill up like I'm a super star on board, making me poorer...I guess once I get to Diamond and have some free drinks daily my bill will go down significantly and therefore not as valuable anymore.

TA's are filled with D and D+ members. We have one coming up, and will be cruising with the number 2 PC member in the fleet, and many that have more points than we do.

Nice to be the baby of something, once in a while!!;)

Rick

Are there any photos of her since the drydock?

Coming, coming.... just have to finish downloading them from the cameras. Up to about 2,400 so far out of 4,000 so there has to be a few of the ship in in there. Working on full review of the transatlantic with pictures and comments on the drydock. I put several obersvations in another thread (I will edit in a link here to it). Overall they did a great job and eventually everything was working - even the new LCD TVs and TV system. Giovanni's Table turned out very nice looking and better than I had expected (not as casual as I had feared). A LOT of tile was replaced in public spaces (Royal Promenade and Windjammer especially). Also not listed in the "upgrades" the pools were resurfaced and the decking replaced in the pool areas.

Here is link to other thread with my notes... link

One question for Mariner experts because I had not seen it "before". In Giovanni's Table the kitchen was open to view and this sort of worked OK but it was same in Chops and it was horrible. Completely destroyed the atmosphere. Bright flourescent lights, pans banging and cooks shouting really ruined the experience. Not elegant at all. Was it this way prior to the dry dock or is this a change for the worse?

Archived