Mariner Drydock, whats she having done?

welshrich

We just got off the Mariner today. They were installing wi-fi wiring along our corridor during the week we were on board. As we left the Windjammer this morning, they were already tearing up the pool decking on the pool deck, so something is clearly being done there.

We just got off the Mariner today. They were installing wi-fi wiring along our corridor during the week we were on board. As we left the Windjammer this morning, they were already tearing up the pool decking on the pool deck, so something is clearly being done there.

Sounds like a good spot for that hot dog place. I still wish they were putting in the Park Cafe instead. On another note it seems you loved the Rhapsody as much as I did. I was only on her twice but really miss that grand lady.

For what its worth, I happened to be watching the Galveston Pier 28 Cruise Cam on the afternoon of the 22nd and there were cranes lifting what looked like heavy lift palletized stuff on board. We will find out Monday evening as we are booked for the May 1 departure TA. I'm slightly concerned that RCCL has referred to the sailing as being May 2nd. Hope not, because our departure has been shifted to 8:00 PM with loading delayed till 4:30. Lets hope we are not turned away for 24 hours. I don't feature paying same day prices in the local hotels or sleeping in the departures lounge. We shall see!

For what its worth, I happened to be watching the Galveston Pier 28 Cruise Cam on the afternoon of the 22nd and there were cranes lifting what looked like heavy lift palletized stuff on board. We will find out Monday evening as we are booked for the May 1 departure TA. I'm slightly concerned that RCCL has referred to the sailing as being May 2nd. Hope not, because our departure has been shifted to 8:00 PM with loading delayed till 4:30. Lets hope we are not turned away for 24 hours. I don't feature paying same day prices in the local hotels or sleeping in the departures lounge. We shall see!

Charles, have smooth sails. Can't wait to hear from someone who will be experiencing the new "improvements" first hand.

If it is the blue carpeting they were ripping up, they are probably putting down Futureteak like they did on Explorer. Then again, the Freedom class still have the blue stuff. If it is the other hard decking that is getting torn up, I would guess that would be for the dog house.

Just wondering...Does anyone know what ship(s) will be using dock 28 in Galveston while the Mariner is away? Isn't it Princess or Disney?

I think Princess and Disney are sailing on Saturday, so one of these could use dock 28 even if the Mariner is there. I was on the Carnival Ecstasy cruise once when 2 other ships were there too. I think it was the Grand Princess and the Carnival Conquest. This was because New Years Eve was Sunday, so all the ships departed on Saturday. It was very crowded. The Ecstasy used some terminal between 22 and 28 that I did not know existed. And the Ecstasy did not leave until after 9pm -- something about not able to get water on the ship until the other ships were leaving. Looks like Disney is avoiding this by departing on Friday instead of Saturday when the Triumph is there -- So Disney will be doing a 6-day and 8-day cruise then. That's probably pretty smart of them. Three ships at the same time is too much for Galveston to handle.

I'm guessing Carnival already booked both docks for the Saturdays when the Triumph is in Galveston, and that's the reason Disney has to switch to a Friday cruise when Princess comes to Galveston. I don't know if Princess will use dock 22 or 28. It might use 28 since the Triumph already uses 22.

I hope the Mariner has a dedicated Diamond Lounge. I was diamond for the first time last March. No lounge -- just beer, wine, and soft drinks from 4:30pm to around 8pm in Cloud Nine and the card room (with the folding door opened between these rooms).

I hope the Mariner has a dedicated Diamond Lounge. I was diamond for the first time last March. No lounge -- just beer, wine, and soft drinks from 4:30pm to around 8pm in Cloud Nine and the card room (with the folding door opened between these rooms).

A new Diamond Lounge (Club) is on the schedule of upgrades. I guess we'll find out tomorrow when PAX board for the TA:)

From what i have been told from someone on there the diamond lounge is up stairs in the viking lounge but not finished yet,the dog house is on the pool deck, wifi is working through out, flat screens in cabins lots of new carpet and paint , giovanis, big screen up but not working yet and still workmen on board , no park cafe,

From what i have been told from someone on there the diamond lounge is up stairs in the viking lounge but not finished yet,the dog house is on the pool deck, wifi is working through out, flat screens in cabins lots of new carpet and paint , giovanis, big screen up but not working yet and still workmen on board , no park cafe,

Wow, sounds like a pretty rushed drydock! I would love to see some pictures of the pool deck, especially the dog house.

such a shame about the Park Cafe, I would have preferred this to the dog house as we loved having breakfast there on the Oasis.

Gavin Smith, the head of Roayl Carribeans Australian division informed me that either her or the Navigator of the Seas will be receiving a flow rider with their new upgrade, however i can't remember which

No mention of Park Cafe, so maybe that didn't make it.

Park Cafe was only a rumour. They got it wrong on the Royal Caribbean Facebook page.

Also CroNich, I highly doubt they will put a FlowRider on any of the Voyager Class. You would have to take out a huge chunk of the deck, and probably add some sort of reinforcement, and get the huge water supply needed for the FlowRider. It would be prohibitively expensive.

Park Cafe was only a rumour. They got it wrong on the Royal Caribbean Facebook page.

Also CroNich, I highly doubt they will put a FlowRider on any of the Voyager Class. You would have to take out a huge chunk of the deck, and probably add some sort of reinforcement, and get the huge water supply needed for the FlowRider. It would be prohibitively expensive.

Too bad. I would have preferred that to the Dog House.

Hi she has had a diamond longe added where the 19th hole used to be,boardwalk dog house up on the pool deck, giavanis table replaced portofinos, big screen up on pool deck, flat screen tvs in all cabins,wifi through out, digital signs , new carpets here and there and a paint job

and best of all I will be on here in two days :D:D:D:D

I must be really thick. When I choose the Voyager Class and then Mariner, it still shows Portofinos.

Same for me. I don't think the new deck 11 plan has been posted yet.

Archived