Weather Late June/July

Gardening Girl

We were planning on either the 10 night Tuamotus or the 11 night Cook Islands for May/2013 but today the preliminary schedule came out and neither are offered in April or May, only late June. We're wondering what the weather is like, I don't do too well in high heat & high humidity. Also are there many kids during this time as schools are out for the summer??

Thanks, GG

We were planning on either the 10 night Tuamotus or the 11 night Cook Islands for May/2013 but today the preliminary schedule came out and neither are offered in April or May, only late June. We're wondering what the weather is like, I don't do too well in high heat & high humidity. Also are there many kids during this time as schools are out for the summer??

Thanks, GG

The temperatures in French Polynesia are fairly constant year round, but the humidity (which makes it seem much hotter) is actually less in June, July and August than other times of the year.

avalong is correct. I was there in July and it was not humid. The ocean was was smooth as glass, really pacific. :)

Rarotonga lies further south and could be even a bit cooler than Tahiti. Check out the weather comments on the thread of what to wear in May.

Remember that this is the SOUTH Pacific. June/July is "the dead of winter!":D

What that means is that it is 82 instead of 85 and 75% humidity instead of 90%.

We have been six times (so far!) and five were the end of June and once was over New Years.

• 2 weeks later...
PG has the youth ambassador programs during the summer, so I'd expect more kids then. PG has told me that 15 slots are held for kids aged 9-17 on those cruises.

I have NEVER seen that many kids on board. Maybe half that and most spend every minute with the AOTE program folks (even at dinner).

Motu Islander (or others), were the winds strong in June/July?

If you don't like the weather...wait a minute, it will change.

We have probably had about 5 days of less than ideal weather in about 60 on board. Never horrible, but it does rain sometimes for a couple hours. A good time to hang at the pool bar (there is a roof of sorts).

We have never personally experienced strong winds, but there was a typhoon a couple of years ago (wiped out the little pier on Motu Mahana). I would NOT spend too much time worrying about this.

Archived