Bayonne Parking

Johnd6rose

I checked out Premier Parking USA and there are 2 good reviews by passengers who used them in January and February. They are 1.5 miles from the port and have a shuttle. I will be calling them to ask them a few more questions.

I checked out Premier Parking USA and there are 2 good reviews by passengers who used them in January and February. They are 1.5 miles from the port and have a shuttle. I will be calling them to ask them a few more questions.

please post their answers! Thank you!

I called the Parking Company and they mentioned that they are 1.5 miles from the Cruise Port. They have 100 spaces in an open air, gated lot which is locked and secured at night with security. You have to book in advance with either MC/Visa/Discover/American Express.

Their rate is on their site plus $5.00 processing fee and NJ tax. It is cheaper than the cruise port and they have shuttles every 10-15 mins depending on the passengers.

Johnd6rose: We are on the same cruise and planning to use this company.

Found this on an Explorer Roll Call. Looks like I may stay with the pier parking:confused:

Wow, I'm famous. I've been re-quoted in a post.

Hearing very different things about this lot. Not sure what do to but someone who is on the 2/22 Silhouette sailing said they are paking there and would let me know. Not sure it's worth the savings.

Here is an updated picture from 2/17 that poster cemor66 posted on the same Explorer Roll Call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32480519&postcount=1314

Wow, I'm famous. I've been re-quoted in a post.

Hearing very different things about this lot. Not sure what do to but someone who is on the 2/22 Silhouette sailing said they are paking there and would let me know. Not sure it's worth the savings.

Here is an updated picture from 2/17 that poster cemor66 posted on the same Explorer Roll Call.

According to their web site its $20.00 a day for the fenced in parking, $11.99 for open unsecured parking.

The pier parking is $19.00 per day fenced in

The new location si a little closer than the old one. But it is very convienent. Coming out of customs with your liggage you can easily walk to you car or the porters will take it to you car.

It is a lot easier than going through customs waiting for the shuttle putting luggage on shuttle then taking luggage off shuttle into car. And it is $1.00 per day cheaper

Much as we disllike the parking at the port, it seems better than parking at an off site lot, & taking a shuttle, then checking in & boarding another shuttke to the ship.. & who knows how it will be at disembarkation times???

Just hope there's no overspray issues!

We are in DC and will need to go to the NJ port this summer for the cruise to Bermuda. I'm debating between driving/parking at the pier vs taking Amtrak to Newark airport and getting a taxi to the port. Does anyone know how much it will cost to get to the port from the airport?

According to their web site its $20.00 a day for the fenced in parking, $11.99 for open unsecured parking.

The pier parking is $19.00 per day fenced in

The new location si a little closer than the old one. But it is very convienent. Coming out of customs with your liggage you can easily walk to you car or the porters will take it to you car.

It is a lot easier than going through customs waiting for the shuttle putting luggage on shuttle then taking luggage off shuttle into car. And it is $1.00 per day cheaper

Thats not what I was told and I saw on their website that the lot I was booking was fenced and secure. They discounted their rate 10% so all told the 12 days will be $144.00 with tax and 5.00 processing fee., quite a savings for 1.5 miles. I'm going for it.

Just wanted to say that we drive from Long Island and we've parked and cruised from Bayonne 3 or 4 times and have had a good experience each time. It is nice to get out of our car and just walk to luggage check-in. Leaving the ship is a breeze too. Just a short walk to our vehicle after we pick up out luggage. Can't wait to sail on the Silhouette March 17th!!!:D

100 parking spots ! Say 75 cars with 150 people with luggage waiting for a shuttle to the lot after the cruise :(

Sorry I'll pay extra to not wait and leave quickly as in the past .... JMO

I agree with you. We parked at the port on January 29 to Feb. 10th. So easy, the parking lot is just beside the terminal. No shuttle, no extra money, no wait, no worry !

1.5 miles to save almost $80 sounds good to me. I guess it could turn out to be the longest 1.5 miles but I'm willing to gamble. After all these folks are in the car parking business and these types of lots are all around the airport and port area and are used by many on a daily basis.

As for it being a time issue, we will get there by 11, at worst we will be on board by 12, for disembarking we will be lucky to be off by 10.

For years this board was filled with parking issues at Bayonne including paint spray, now we have an alternate source at about a 35% savings and its too far away.;)

I will report back after our return, hate to think of it being over.

I have been checking various parking facilities around the Cruise Port and Park2Go in Elizabeth, NJ is a 15 minute ride. They have a shuttle and there's a special from 2/22/12 to 5/08/12 for $13.99 for outdoor and $15.99 for indoor plus fees/taxes. 24 hours notice and prepayment are required.

I have been checking various parking facilities around the Cruise Port and Park2Go in Elizabeth, NJ is a 15 minute ride. They have a shuttle and there's a special from 2/22/12 to 5/08/12 for $13.99 for outdoor and $15.99 for indoor plus fees/taxes. 24 hours notice and prepayment are required.

So why wouldn't you go 1.5 miles away to Premier Parking at a daily rate of $11.99?

12 days (including a 10% discount if you ask), a $5 processing fee and tax = $144.56, compared to $228 to park 1.5 miles away in a lot that has had major paint overspray issues. And the above post is 15 minutes away in Elizabeth, just not sure what the problem with the $11.99 lot that is only 1.5 miles away is missing?

I'm still leery of the new parking lot in Bayonne. Here are some posts from someone who lives in Bayonne from an Explorer Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32376270&postcount=1183

Don't forget Premier is just a Third Party, they do not own the property or run the parking facility. I'm not sure if this guy is really ready to run this type of operation.

I don't know if the savings (for us it would be $69) is worth the hassle of waiting for shuttles to and from the ship and worrying if our car will be okay while we are away for 10 days.

I'm still leery of the new parking lot in Bayonne. Here are some posts from someone who lives in Bayonne from an Explorer Roll Call:

Don't forget Premier is just a Third Party, they do not own the property or run the parking facility. I'm not sure if this guy is really ready to run this type of operation.

I don't know if the savings (for us it would be $69) is worth the hassle of waiting for shuttles to and from the ship and worrying if our car will be okay while we are away for 10 days.

I agree!

Has nothing to do with being 1.5 miles from terminal ...

After spending all this money whats a few dollars more! JMO

Thats what insurance is for :D

Sorry being an insurance agent I had to throw that out there lol

I agree w/ you though. For the little bit of savings it doesnt seem worth the hassle.

I dont know if anyone else is like me but once the cruise is over and I am off the ship I wanna get the hell outta there. I wanna get my butt in the car and go home.

Thats what insurance is for :D

Sorry being an insurance agent I had to throw that out there lol

I agree w/ you though. For the little bit of savings it doesnt seem worth the hassle.

I dont know if anyone else is like me but once the cruise is over and I am off the ship I wanna get the hell outta there. I wanna get my butt in the car and go home.

Sarah, I know all about insurance. I work for a major Reinsurance Company in CT. No one wants the hassle of coming back from vacation to have a problem with there car. Been there, done that.

alinnj, I know the area is very industrial, so is the port. See you in 22 days.

Archived