Nassau Taxi with Car Seat

Sparkygirl

You could always take the water taxi..no seatbelts, so no carseat needed. If you have a carseat, then the driver will let you put it in a land taxi....

Don't know if you can find a cab with a carseat already installed.

We are bringing our Carseat and the wheeled rack it sits on for travel. I would rather have our own than fight with something unknown and possibly expired. The hotel will hold the car seat or we will put it in the room if available when we check in.

Not a problem at all in Nassau! They have mini van taxis and we always have found seat belts and a driver who waits for us (frankly we didn't give them a choice)

I tried the water taxi on one of our adventures to Atlantis - after the smoking and sputtering of the engine - I tell everyone to take their chance with the mini vans ;)

Not a problem at all in Nassau! They have mini van taxis and we always have found seat belts and a driver who waits for us (frankly we didn't give them a choice)

I tried the water taxi on one of our adventures to Atlantis - after the smoking and sputtering of the engine - I tell everyone to take their chance with the mini vans ;)

Do the minivans have LATCH by any chance? We have an Evenflo Symphony 65 with the quick LATCH connectors. Clip in push down and the seat is installed. I just want to be prepared if I need to use the locking clip. We are a party of 5 so I'm guessing we will have a van to ourselves.

Do the minivans have LATCH by any chance? We have an Evenflo Symphony 65 with the quick LATCH connectors. Clip in push down and the seat is installed. I just want to be prepared if I need to use the locking clip. We are a party of 5 so I'm guessing we will have a van to ourselves.

Don't count on it. Rather than deal with a locking clip, which us techs can battle with sometimes too (!), is it possible for you to borrow a seat with a built in lock off? In Canada that would be the trufit or Britax products, but I'm fairly certain you have more options in the US.

i wouldn't count on latch. The one we were in in May had no air conditioner and the seats were all ripped up and no seat belts... Maybe you will find a good one.. We took the water taxi one way and the taxi the other...

Some of us aren't ok with "probably". Don't fuel this fire' date=' ok?[/quote']

Thank you! As a paramedic and ED Nurse I am not okay with "probably" ok. I've picked up the pieces of too many children. We will use our daughter's car seat and if it means waiting for a taxi that can accommodate her seat we will.

Thank you! As a paramedic and ED Nurse I am not okay with "probably" ok. I've picked up the pieces of too many children. We will use our daughter's car seat and if it means waiting for a taxi that can accommodate her seat we will.

:D I'm an occupational therapist, did a post-grad degree in neurophysiology, and took the course to become a CRST (aka car seat tech in Canada) once I had my own babies. I too have seen what happens after things go wrong, and I'd rather it not happen to my kids!

I always find it interesting that those of us who have seen the results of "probably ok" are the ones least likely to accept this risk.

Archived