Visa for Lombok Indonesia, 1 day visit

On our round Australia trip next year we have a 1 day stop in Lombok Indonesia. I have spoken to Princess Southampton about the need for a Visa, but they just referred me to their Visa service, who wanted us to purchase a normal tourist visa and send money and our passports to them.

I seem to to remember reading somewhere, that as we´re only in Indonesia for the day, Princess sort out a day visa and make a charge for this to your onboard account

i know Indonesia can issue a visa on arrival ie US$10/person for a 3-day visa, I don´t know if this is the sort of Visa that I saw somewhere re Princess

Can anyone point me in the right direction please or give me some information of their personal experience.

Also, will we need a multiple entry visa for Australia, because of this 1 day in Lombok?

As Princess Southampton weren´t much help, perhaps I would be better to contact Princess Australia...anyone have any contact info please.

Although we are resident in Spain we have UK nationality and UK passports

Thanks

Sandy in Spain

On our round Australia trip next year we have a 1 day stop in Lombok Indonesia. I have spoken to Princess Southampton about the need for a Visa, but they just referred me to their Visa service, who wanted us to purchase a normal tourist visa and send money and our passports to them.

I seem to to remember reading somewhere, that as we´re only in Indonesia for the day, Princess sort out a day visa and make a charge for this to your onboard account

i know Indonesia can issue a visa on arrival ie US$10/person for a 3-day visa, I don´t know if this is the sort of Visa that I saw somewhere re Princess

Can anyone point me in the right direction please or give me some information of their personal experience.

Also, will we need a multiple entry visa for Australia, because of this 1 day in Lombok?

As Princess Southampton weren´t much help, perhaps I would be better to contact Princess Australia...anyone have any contact info please.

Although we are resident in Spain we have UK nationality and UK passports

Thanks

Sandy in Spain

When we were on Diamond Princess and stopped at Bali, Princess arranged to Visa on Arrival. It was actually $25 for a 1 day pass, but not for all nationalities. If you look at your Princess Cruise Personaliser it should show Visas required for your trip and this will include details for Aust.

Thanks everyone for the information, just makes me wonder why Princess Southampton couldn´t give me the answer about their own ship providing visas......

Sandy in Spain

Thanks everyone for the information, just makes me wonder why Princess Southampton couldn´t give me the answer about their own ship providing visas......

Sandy in Spain

Sandy this is a page that shows which countries are covered by the Visa on Arrival system. http://lombok-network.com/visa_entry.htm

On P&O Australia it was all organised for us and just charged to our cruise cards. Sorry i have not cruised with Princess so I am not sure what they will do.

We loved Lombok and hired a private driver. We saw so much more than many others. Enjoy.

Sandy this is a page that shows which countries are covered by the Visa on Arrival system. http://lombok-network.com/visa_entry.htm

snip

We loved Lombok and hired a private driver. We saw so much more than many others. Enjoy.

Thanks musicorn.

Please tell me more about Lombok, where and when you went , what you saw, how you arranged for driver, cost etc. I did ask on the Asia board but got no replies

Sandy in Spain

Thanks musicorn.

Please tell me more about Lombok, where and when you went , what you saw, how you arranged for driver, cost etc. I did ask on the Asia board but got no replies

Sandy in Spain

Sandy we will be in Lombok late october and i have lined up a taxi....4 paxs $70 for 4-5 hours.....send me an email & i'll send details

bobm888@bigpond.com

bob

Sandy

We booked a driver through this site

http://korindo-network.com/tours-in-indonesia/lombok-sumbawa/lombokcarrental.htm

We went to a village and saw some weaving, saw inside a village house, had some local coffee, had lunch at a beautiful cafe on the beach, saw a funeral and did a lot of driving through the country side. It was a great day. We had somebody in a wheelchair so it would be possible to do more adventurous stuff I am sure. It cost us AUS$60 for the entire day plus we gave a tip.

• 2 weeks later...

Irrespective of which vessel you use those who are entitled to a VOA visa on arrival will still be entitled to one.

The reason cruise ships passengers visiting Indonesia do not buy their $25US visa when they dock is because Indonesian immigration could not handle that Amount of people at once.

Usually Indonesian officials will board the ship and stay onboard with your passports collected then hand them back when you leave Indonesian waters.

The $25 US charge or equivalent will be charged to all passengers onboard accounts even if you choose not to leave the ship because you are still in Indonesian waters.

Use the driver service Musicorn used,we used the same company on the same day and they were a lot cheaper than other transport at the port.

If you are going to Sengigi beach you are better to do so early and before the cruise tours show up because the thousands of hawkers turn up when the coaches arrive;)

We also loved Lombok and have re visited land based,

Many people on our cruise didnt like Lombok as they thought it too 3rd world but its quite safe and enjoyable if you can keep one step ahead of the hawkers:)

• 4 years later...
We travelled to Indonesia with HAL and they organised the visa on arrival onboard. Except the thieving buggers charged all the passengers $50. P&O Australia also organise for you and charge your onboard account.

Correct! Am upset about this as the Indonesians get no money and just for collecting the passports, stamping them and returning them a $25 "service charge" is levied, which meant a $50,000 windfall for the Dawn Princess in September 2016.

Been told by one angry passenger that Americans pay US$2 for the visa. This technique is called "drip pricing", where after full payment an extra charge is levied and the airlines are famous for it.

Thanks musicorn.

Sandy in Spain

US$40 for both of us, we asked for hand weaving shop, clay pot manufacture and Sengiggi Beach. Information desk at pier wanted US$80, approaching taxi driver wanted $US50 but I bargained it down to US$40. Driver + guide. Simple. I believe the volcano at Lombok is called Ranjini and there is a waterfall, that is another attraction. This is the volcano which stopped all the Bali flights.

At the hand weaving and the clay pots there is pressure to buy something but you are not obliged to. At the hand weaving you get given a personal attendant.

Princess collects $25 for collecting, stamping and returning the passports and that was a $50,000 windfall for the 2,000 pax. on the Dawn Princess in September 2016.

After full payment an email arrives informing you of that visa "Service Fee". One angry passenger told me Americans pay US$2 for the visa!

We were in Lombok last year on the Carnival Spirit and visas were organised by the ship. On arrival at the port we walked through the enthusiastic drivers and found a nice young man who we got to drive us to Senggigi Beach for the day for $60. It took about 45 mins and reminded us of how Bali was 25 years ago.

We had lunch at a nice restaurant and then some shopping. The Bayan Lombok Gallery has some nice artwork as well as handicrafts clothes shoes etc at fixed and we thought really quite reasonable prices.

We then had a massage and a pedicure and then the driver picked us up and returned us to the ship where there was probably about a dozen markets stalls set up.

We really enjoyed our day there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess collects $25 for collecting, stamping and returning the passports and that was a $50,000 windfall for the 2,000 pax. on the Dawn Princess in September 2016.

After full payment an email arrives informing you of that visa "Service Fee". One angry passenger told me Americans pay US$2 for the visa!

I think maybe the Indonesian immigration officials come onto the ship at the previous port and stay on for the couple of days to Bali. There have been several times that we have seen this happen.

I do not know what Indonesia would charge for this, but they would have to cover staff wages, travelling expenses etc. etc. with some cream on top. :)

Please note the original date for this post is quite old - June 2012.

However, to bring everyone up to date on the current situation, we were on P&O's Pacific Eden and due to visit Benoa (Bali) on 30 August 2016. Supposedly due to strong winds/currents etc, Bali was cancelled and the Captain substituted Lombok, Indonesia.

There was no charge to our onboard account for an Indonesian Visa. Our Passports are stamped with 'Visa exemption (Benoa)' - I think there were officials onboard from Singapore.

The only Visa charge was $40 AUD for Dili, East Timor.

Edited by joll

Thanks for letting us know re no charge for Indonesian visa at Benoa (Bali). P&O is part of Carnival Cruises and they also own Princess Cruises, so that is interesting. However, there is a list of visa-free harbours and Komodo is not listed there.

Thanks for letting us know re no charge for Indonesian visa at Benoa (Bali). P&O is part of Carnival Cruises and they also own Princess Cruises, so that is interesting. However, there is a list of visa-free harbours and Komodo is not listed there.

Our Pacific Eden cruise also called at Komodo Island and we were not charged for any visa.

Thanks Joll. Also very interesting. Looks like the Dawn Princess ripped us off. Sad to see as the ship was full of wheelchairs, walkers and walking sticks as those Perth pensioners did not have to fly to Sydney/Brisbane to catch a cruise and $50 is a lot of money for a pensioner couple. I called it the "Adventure Before Dementia" cruise or in my case with dementia!

Did the ship collect your passports for stamping or was that not necessary? In our case that was the port of first entry. Perhaps if your first port of entry was on the list of "visa free" ports, then nothing is required further along.

I have sent emails and a letter to Princess but no reply to my long letter.

Did the ship collect your passports for stamping or was that not necessary? In our case that was the port of first entry. Perhaps if your first port of entry was on the list of "visa free" ports, then nothing is required further along.

I have sent emails and a letter to Princess but no reply to my long letter.

P & O collected our passports after we checked in at Singapore and immediately prior to walking onto the ship. Benoa was to be our first port of call after embarking in Singapore, then Komodo Island and Makassar (Udang Pandang - Indonesia).

Who knows, maybe P&O didn't charge us because we went to Lombok instead of Benoa. By substituting another port, I guess the question of possible compensation isn't as relevant or costly.

Edited by joll