Doing my own air - do I need a post cruise day room?

ALB0711

Hi PG cruisers,

Going on our first PG cruise next June. I've decided to purchase my own air which means I won't have the benefit of a PG supplied day room or transfers post cruise. Looks like our return flight will leave PPT for LAX around 11PM and I believe we'll be off the ship by 10AM.

Question is - if I didn't purchase my own day room, what can we do with our time and luggage? We are thinking we could certainly kill a few hours on an island tour, and perhaps have a nice last night in Tahiti dinner before heading to the airport for the red eye home.

Have any of you done this? What did you do with your luggage? Should we just ante up for our own day room?

TIA

Allen

There is a car rental company a few blocks from the ship. You might want to consider renting a car, place bags in trunk and then tour the island for the day. Hit the Roulottes by the ship for diner and then arrange to drop off the cat at the airport, Proceed to checkin. I'm doing it this year, cost of car with drop off at airport was $105 USD.

There is a car rental company a few blocks from the ship. You might want to consider renting a car, place bags in trunk and then tour the island for the day. Hit the Roulottes by the ship for diner and then arrange to drop off the cat at the airport, Proceed to checkin. I'm doing it this year, cost of car with drop off at airport was $105 USD.

That sounds like the way to go. Hadn't considered the car. Thanks Tiki and others for the ideas.

How did we figure this stuff out before cruise critic? :eek:

Another possibility is to fly out the night before disembarkation. The ship arrives in Tahiti by 7pm and you can disembark after dinner and go to the airport. We have a flight around midnight.

If you don't use the PG air you will be "kicked off" first and have a long day ahead of you. One passenger told me that it was less expensive to purchase the PG day day which includes transfers and a tour than to go it on their own. They were using air miles for their air.

If you don't use the PG air you will be "kicked off" first and have a long day ahead of you. One passenger told me that it was less expensive to purchase the PG day day which includes transfers and a tour than to go it on their own. They were using air miles for their air.

Do you know about what time they'll drag me kicking and screaming off the ship?:(

I'll check into the ship tours but I'm kind of liking the rent a car idea.

Would stay another day or two but we've got to get back to our everyday life - had to decide to spend a little extra time pre or post cruise and decided pre would work better for us.

Archived