Dining room name on Reflection?

boogs

What disappoints me about the above picture is the fact that the dining room is once again seemingly stark white. Why don't they liven it up with some color?? That was actually the 1 thing I noticed on the ship that seems to be just so/so, the dining room. It had no personality.

What disappoints me about the above picture is the fact that the dining room is once again seemingly stark white. Why don't they liven it up with some color?? That was actually the 1 thing I noticed on the ship that seems to be just so/so, the dining room. It had no personality.

Not stark white. I prefer this color pallet. It's classy, subdued and doesn't draw attention to itself. Leave the bolder color styles to cruise lines like Carnival.

Here are a couple of photos from the same website the first one came from (keep in mind that there is still paper covering the floor to protect the carpeting during the final stages of construction):

index.php?rex_resize=800w__img_1269.jpg

index.php?rex_resize=800w__img_1276.jpg

Oh, I remember, the dining room on the Equinox was called the Silhouette. I wonder if they foreshadow their new ship names via dining room names LOL. Celebrity Opus doesn't sound like it'll become a ship, though LOL :-)

The main Lounge/Nightclub on Infinity is called "Constellation"

Are there other examples?

The main Lounge/Nightclub on Infinity is called "Constellation"

Are there other examples?

Ah interesting. Coincidence, maybe. Maybe not :-)

As for the dining room - I dont know, I still think it's too hospital like. I dont need it to be LOUD, I just prefer a little color. Then again, I was one of few that loved the color in the dining room on HAL Nieuw Amsterdam (it had kindof an asian feel to it despite clashing with the rest of the ship). I think I'm comparing MDRs to that one in my mind.

Obviously the decor in the MDR isn't going to keep me from booking a cruise, just an observation. It doesn't take away from my overall cruise experience lol. (though I'm sure there are people on CC that would say it ruined theirs)

The main lounge on Constellation is called "Reflections." (can't wait to "take pause" there in December!) :)

As far as the S class dining room colors (or lack thereof :rolleyes:) I thought of the style/palatte as "contemporary simple elegance," and enjoyed it immensely.

The color changing indirect lights in the curvy ceiling fixtures are really cool but the feature was never used much on our 14 day TA on Solstice. It was always very subtle except on only one night, (the last formal night) they turned up the intensity of the lights to get the distinct colors. I thought it was beautiful and that the effect should be used more often.

Could it be that it was only done later in the evenings at late seating? :confused:

Ah interesting. Coincidence, maybe. Maybe not :-)

As for the dining room - I dont know, I still think it's too hospital like. I dont need it to be LOUD, I just prefer a little color. Then again, I was one of few that loved the color in the dining room on HAL Nieuw Amsterdam (it had kindof an asian feel to it despite clashing with the rest of the ship). I think I'm comparing MDRs to that one in my mind.

Obviously the decor in the MDR isn't going to keep me from booking a cruise, just an observation. It doesn't take away from my overall cruise experience lol. (though I'm sure there are people on CC that would say it ruined theirs)

How about the Veendam - net and all!

HALbermuda258.jpg

When I first saw Solstice´s Dinning Room I was also surprised but found it elegant nevertheless- a little like Queen Elizabeth 2 ´s Queens Room when she was first introduced acording to the pictures of course. When I sailed QE 2 7 years ago they had the whole room redone to get along with classic Ocean Liner touch. I forgot the names of the dinning rooms of the X ships. I sailed all but Equinox, Eclipse and Reflection of course. I remember one Minstrel, Metropoltian, that´s it. Opus is a nice name though!

Michael

How about the Veendam - net and all!

That's the same ship that scored a dismal 77 out of 100 (86 is considered a passing score) on its August 19 vessel sanitation inspection! According to the CC article linked below they have been told to clean up an infestation of insects, rodents and other pests. And these are only some of the infractions that were uncovered.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4999

• 4 months later...
Oh, I remember, the dining room on the Equinox was called the Silhouette. I wonder if they foreshadow their new ship names via dining room names LOL. Celebrity Opus doesn't sound like it'll become a ship, though LOL :-)

LOL, if we follow that precedent and Celebrity's web site in the deck plans section, the name of the next ship will be the "Main Dining Room."

The main lounge on Constellation is called "Reflections." (can't wait to "take pause" there in December!) :)

As far as the S class dining room colors (or lack thereof :rolleyes:) I thought of the style/palatte as "contemporary simple elegance," and enjoyed it immensely.

The color changing indirect lights in the curvy ceiling fixtures are really cool but the feature was never used much on our 14 day TA on Solstice. It was always very subtle except on only one night, (the last formal night) they turned up the intensity of the lights to get the distinct colors. I thought it was beautiful and that the effect should be used more often.

Could it be that it was only done later in the evenings at late seating? :confused:

They've been using Relections as the name of the Main lounge all the way back to the first two new builds, Zenith and Horizon. Don't remember if there was a reflections on the first ship Meridien.

Initially I was wondering if the names are based on musical composition terms...

I was on Eclipse a couple of years ago and the MDR is called Moonlight Sonata and knew the MDR on Reflection is going to be Opus.

But that theory was thrown out the door when I learned about the names of the other S-class ships...:p

Archived