Considering doing a Vow Renewal on the Dream but ... have questions/need opinions

wannago35

Would you get re-married on a day other than your original wedding date?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you get re-married on a day other than your original wedding date?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

After watching a marathon of "Say Yes To the Dress" asked my hubby if he'd remarry me on our anniversary Dream cruise and he said yes

Unfortunately, just found out that they don't do wedding ceremonies on embankment day ... which does make sense but still a little disappointed. We couldn't find an itinerary we liked that left before our anniversary date and/or where we were already cruising on our anniversary, so we booked one that leaves on the day of our anniversary.

So here's my questions:

1-Please tell me if you've done a vow renewal on the Dream - did a search but didn't find the Dream specifically.

2-Since they only do weddings/renewals on sea days, do you think it'd be weird if we did our renewal the next day since we can't do it the actual date?

It'll just be my hubby and I - we invited friends but a few have already declined and the others aren't sure, so we probably won't have any guests which is fine. I was telling hubby we should wear something like if we were going to a wedding, but he wants to get dressed up - I was surprised but why not, right?

Would love to hear wedding stories on board to see if Carnival does a good job. Thought about doing a beach wedding but maybe we'll save that for our 15 year anniversary

Thanks to all in advance!

We got married on the Carnival Spirit out of San Pedro on embarkment day, Nov. 2011. We had our children & grandchild come onboard for the ceremony & reception (all live in So. Cal). Carnival wedding dept. did it all...it was done very nicely. We were married in the Chapel and pictures were taken by ship photographer. We had had cake & champagne. Our children were allowed to stay onboard until shortly before sail away. Go to the wedding boards for more info.

Vow renewals are usually done once or twice a cruise & you can dress the way you want. I don't think it would be weird to do a vow renewal on a different day. I'd just say it was our anniversary cruise, we did a vow renewal. Have a great time, especially if you decide to do the vow renewal.

We are doing a 20 yr vow renewal on the carnival breeze all my kids will be there as well as our parents. It was 450.00. I had priced it out on land and the cruise was by far the best option for us. I did get a new dress and hubby rented a tux on board. It won't be on our real anniversary date. Real date was on Nov 14 I think you can do what ever you want now days anything goes. Congrats on your vow renewal, have a great time.

I would do it on a different day, as long as it was in close proximity to my anniversary- like within a week or 2. I would like to renew our vows for our 10 year anniversary, but our anniversary will be on a Wednesday. If we did an actual celebration with guests it would end up being on the weekend. But we may do something private as well. DH and I did not have a formal wedding so a vow renewal is something I really want to do.

I've been thinking about a vow renewal for a bit now. Dh & I will be on our 20th Anniv. cruise (Celebrity Eclispe 2014) but our actual anniv is on Valentines Day and that day is a port day. I'm just not sure if he'd love it or not and with the holiday tossed in how that would go as I'm sure that there will be lots of other anniv on that date. I'll be watching this post to see what responses you get.

On our Princess Crown sailing 2 yrs ago the captain did a group vow renewal for anyone that wanted to particapate on Valentines Day. The gave all the women little veils and the men were given bow ties. there was probably 75 couples. I thought it was really neat. We had just celebrated our 50th so it was extra special to us.

Archived