Majesty Review: Short & Sweet

sjb317

As the title suggests, I will try to keep this short but I can get carried away so we'll see!:D

Brief Background: I wanted to take my parents on a short cruise to celebrate their 60th anniversary in 2013. They always go to Florida for the winter so that seemed like the perfect time to go. Due to mobility issues, my mother requires an accessible room. Our first choice was the Monarch since we are 20 minutes away from Port Canaveral. Unfortunately, no accessible rooms were available; we were able to reserve one on the Majesty so we made the 3 hour drive to Miami the morning of the cruise. The previous week my husband and I had gone on the FOS, we disembarked on Sunday, drove to our home, did laundry and left the next morning at 8am, pulling up to the drop off curb at 1045. We used the parking garage at the port, I'm sure we could have found a cheaper place but went for the convenience the garage offered.

Embarkation was super easy and very fast, we were on the ship in about 20 minutes which included the long, slow walk with my mom & her walker.

Lunch in the WJ was very good, my traditional start of the cruise honey stung chicken was excellent, as was the apple strudel.

Rooms were ready at 1pm. We got my parents settled, their room was huge! We were in Ocean view rooms on deck 9, their room was big enough that they had two windows! Mom was very pleased with the accomodations. Our room was very nice, one of the best non-balcony rooms we've ever had. It seemed huge, also, but maybe that is because we went cheap on the FOS and had an interior!:D

Food was very good, we did MTD and had the same table & wait staff each night. Excellent service from Albert & Oscar!

The only negative about the cruise was the entertainment. The theater seats seemed very uncomfortable and the sound was extremely loud. Production shows were ok but not the best we've seen. The headliner was a comedian/hypnotist that I hated, but my husband thought it was ok.

Disembarkation was as easy as embarkation. We were off the ship & leaving the port by 9am.

We had a great cruise! My husband & I liked Majesty a lot & would like to sail on her again before they release her in 2014. I also have to commend the staff for helpfulness with my mom & her mobility issues. Their cabin attendant, Alphonsia (sp?) was very helpful in assisting them to the muster drill & making sure my mom was able to sit down for it.

My parents had a wonderful time, they were thrilled to be able to do this. My husband & I prefer longer cruises, we always say a 7 day cruise is not long enough, but this 4 day cruise with mom & dad seemed liked 7 days and that was enough!:D

Sherri:)

Unfortunately, we did not.:( This was our 8th time to visit CocoCay and our first time to miss it, so I guess we were due. We could tell when we looked out the window that morning that the waves were bigger than they had been the week before on FOS, sometime around 830, the captain announced we would not be able to tender.

Unfortunately, we did not.:( This was our 8th time to visit CocoCay and our first time to miss it, so I guess we were due. We could tell when we looked out the window that morning that the waves were bigger than they had been the week before on FOS, sometime around 830, the captain announced we would not be able to tender.

Aw, damn, that sucks.

I guess you weren't on this weekends cruise. We were on the Monarch (got off her yesterday) and were with the Majesty in both Nassau and Coco Cay. Which I found unusal since we normally sail the Majesty and typically have reverse itineraries. Waves were getting big in Coco, but we were both tendering just fine. One of our tenders did break down causing quite a backup onboard in the late morning.

I guess you weren't on this weekends cruise. We were on the Monarch (got off her yesterday) and were with the Majesty in both Nassau and Coco Cay. Which I found unusal since we normally sail the Majesty and typically have reverse itineraries. Waves were getting big in Coco, but we were both tendering just fine. One of our tenders did break down causing quite a backup onboard in the late morning.

We were on the 1/21 cruise. We were able to tender to CocoCay the week before on FOS, it was amazing the difference in the waves between the two cruises. On FOS the ocean was so calm the water looked like glass! On Majesty, the waves were huge and you could feel the ship bumping around as we were anchored.

Archived