Casey Pelter - Cruise Director

We have had Casey on two cruises and he is fantastic, the very best one we have had. He's funny and knows how to keep the audiences attention and entertained. Both times he has shown a video of a day in the life of a cruise director. It is hilarious!

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread but thought I would add an update as someone might search again and also if Casey does read this then he deserves the feedback.

We have just come off the Freedom and the cruise was amazing. So good we have booked the exact same room for next year.

Casey was that little something that made the cruise amazing.

Without him the cruise would have been great. Fantastic.

Casey is special. Really involved in your holiday with a great sense of humour. Watching his shows on the TV was good fun and scrapping with him over a volleyball net was one off my favourite moments on board.

Great guy, keep up the good work.

This is an old thread but thought I would add an update as someone might search again and also if Casey does read this then he deserves the feedback.

We have just come off the Freedom and the cruise was amazing. So good we have booked the exact same room for next year.

Casey was that little something that made the cruise amazing.

Without him the cruise would have been great. Fantastic.

Casey is special. Really involved in your holiday with a great sense of humour. Watching his shows on the TV was good fun and scrapping with him over a volleyball net was one off my favourite moments on board.

Great guy, keep up the good work.

Just off the same cruise. At first I had my doubts, but he grows on you. :D I love a dry sense of humor.

Casey is just like...................Marmite :eek:

LOL - Definitely an acquired taste.

• 1 year later...
Casey is just like...................Marmite :eek:

Hmmmmm.

He wasn't the worst.... that goes to John Blair! Yuk!

However, TBH on our Serenade cruise he was pretty invisible, scheduled only one evening show at an inconvenient time when other dynamic CD's do two, he left lots to his activities staff as far as what I saw and had a bland morning show.

He was on a ship in the Spanish market even though he doesn't speak Spanish which meant he left more to his AM Carlos (now CD on MJ) and overall didn't seem happy on Serenade.

But, I did like his dry and sarcastic sense of humour but as guest interaction and activities are concerned.... Eh? :(

Has anyone come across Casey before ? What's he like ? What's his style like ?

Thanks

Just had him for the first time last May. He quickly grew on me. His morning show is funny! He was personable when I talked to him one on one. his Quest and Love and Marriage were about the norm. Nice enough guy.

pelter.jpg

Edited by BillOh

I liked Casey. He was a different kind of CD, had a really dry sense of humor and so funny! Is he even with the company anymore?

He just took a 4 month break after a 4 month stint on Freedom. <from memory>

Edited by BillOh

He just took a 4 month break after a 4 month stint on Freedom. <from memory>

He has been on FR for a year and a half now after leaving SR in Nov 2013. He just returned last Sunday from his 2 month break and will likely be on FR until just before Christmas at this rate.

He is far from my favorite CD. I think he is rude and I saw him blow an air gun up a dancer's skirt. I see he will be on an upcoming cruise. Luckily, A CD does not make or break the cruise for me.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

He is far from my favorite CD. I think he is rude and I saw him blow an air gun up a dancer's skirt. I see he will be on an upcoming cruise. Luckily, A CD does not make or break the cruise for me.

M

Rude eh? We were on a B2B on the Freedom with him and never thought he was rude. But to be honest your comment about the dress sounds somewhat amusing, so I guess it's a matter of what your comfortable with.

He definitely told it like it was regarding RCI and if he liked something or not. Specifically the daily drink special. He would tell you whether or not it was worth buying. I thought it was refreshing.

I do agree the CD doesn't make or break a cruise. They may provide value behind the scenes, but other than that I don't get much value from them.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

We don't take part in much activities other than Captain's Corner and the Shows so if they are invisible that won't break my cruise. I was a little bit disappointed in the Serenade because it was boring and lacked WOW factor, the only way Casey affected the cruise was that we couldn't go to the show each night.

Now, I will cancel any cruise with John Blair as CD, purely as he was so loud and 'in your face' you couldn't avoid him.