Ryndam self serve laundry details

deckguy

Just returned from a cruise on the Ryndam and thought I'd share some details regarding the self serve laundry facilities. I appreciate the availability (lets me pack a little lighter) and thought there might be other cruisers interested.

The details:

The laundry rooms are located on the Main deck, the Verandah deck (and I thought a 3rd deck as well?) We were on deck 5.

There are three (3) washers and three (3) dryers in each laundry room

The cost is $2 per wash load (remember to bring your quarters!!), the soap is free and is dispensed with a simple push of a button where it automatically feeds into the washer. The wash cycle takes about 45 minutes.

The dryer costs $1 and cycles for about 25 minutes.

The laundry room also had a very nice ironing board and iron.

Hope this helps. Have a nice cruise.

True on the front desk...usually.

The only reason I take 3 minutes at packing time to throw in a small ziplock of quarters is that I've had a couple of instances where the line at the front desk was toooo long and I simply wanted to start a load before some grabbed the last of three washers. Just my preference......

Just returned from a cruise on the Ryndam and thought I'd share some details regarding the self serve laundry facilities. I appreciate the availability (lets me pack a little lighter) and thought there might be other cruisers interested.

The details:

The laundry rooms are located on the Main deck, the Verandah deck (and I thought a 3rd deck as well?) We were on deck 5.

There are three (3) washers and three (3) dryers in each laundry room

The cost is $2 per wash load (remember to bring your quarters!!), the soap is free and is dispensed with a simple push of a button where it automatically feeds into the washer. The wash cycle takes about 45 minutes.

The dryer costs $1 and cycles for about 25 minutes.

The laundry room also had a very nice ironing board and iron.

Hope this helps. Have a nice cruise.

Thanks, deckguy, for the useful information. :)

Same places as on the Ryndam. They are the same class of ship.

Bring your own dryer sheets.

Thanks for the trick about dryer sheets, I always put some down in my suitcase between some of my clothes, give it a fresh scent once on board the ship, also in my dress shoes, the horrible smell is gone with them...

deckguy,

Thanks for this small nugget of very useful information.

I cruise the Ryndam on Sunday, and expect to make frequent use of the laundry facilities over the course of our 16-day cruise. I'd already packed the 3-in-1 Purex laundry sheets (the ones with detergent already in them), but I just swapped those out for regular dryer sheets. WHO KNEW??? ;)

Thanks pal!

Anyone know if there's a self serve laundry on the Maasdam, it could be very helpful and allow me to pack lighter for my 21 days cruise...

I see them in the deck plans for Maasdam, we might use them also if we do not get a upsell to the suite

Archived